Page 224 of 408 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Dumbest thing I heard all month was that M855 was gonna be banned.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    Dumbest thing I heard all month was that M855 was gonna be banned.
    Me: Thanks for calling XXXXXXX this is XXX

Caller: Do you guys have FIVE-FIVE-SIX in stock?

Me: What kind?

Caller: Any kind.

Me: Yup plenty. Looking for duty, hunting, or range ammo?

Caller: How much can I buy?

Me: Is there a panic someone didn't tell me about.

Caller: I saw on FACEBOOK (facepalm) that Obama's getting ready to ban all FIVE-FIVE-SIX AMMO!!!1!

Me: First of all, he can't do that. *explain nature of proposal*

Caller: I guess I don't need any then.

Me: Sir, now is the best time to buy. It's inexpensive, readily available, and I have M855 in stock.

Caller: If they're not banning it I'm not worried about.

Me: ... *hangs up phone*

These are the people I deal with on a daily basis, and are the cause of every woe gun owners experience during a panic. They'll buy 10,000 rounds $1 a piece when SHTF but won't buy a little at a time when it's 30 cents a round. FML.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    There is that much bad info out there.
    Unfortunately, yes..

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenhelmet View Post
    Doc, I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you walk into an average LGS...

I am very polite and I talk to them in a teaching tone as to correct them. I have had one person tell me that he did not like my attitude and I told him I don't like ignorant people, especially when they speak.

One guy came out when I was informing his guy at he counter and offered me a job......I really thought about it.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    These are the people I deal with on a daily basis, and are the cause of every woe gun owners experience during a panic. They'll buy 10,000 rounds $1 a piece when SHTF but won't buy a little at a time when it's 30 cents a round. FML.
    Yep, I believe it. People are still paying 12 Cents a round for 22LR, when they could let the market come back to normal and pay less for rounds that are more readily accessible.
    Last edited by Hank6046; 03-12-15 at 11:39. Reason: *they*
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post

Caller: Do you guys have FIVE-FIVE-SIX in stock?

Me: What kind?

Caller: Any kind.

Me: Yup plenty. Looking for duty, hunting, or range ammo?

Caller: How much can I buy?

Me: Is there a panic someone didn't tell me about.

Caller: I saw on FACEBOOK (facepalm) that Obama's getting ready to ban all FIVE-FIVE-SIX AMMO!!!1!

Me: First of all, he can't do that. *explain nature of proposal*

Caller: I guess I don't need any then.

Me: Sir, now is the best time to buy. It's inexpensive, readily available, and I have M855 in stock.

Caller: If they're not banning it I'm not worried about.

Me: ... *hangs up phone*

Tell them they might as well get ammo while they can.

Tell them that you heard on facebook that the whole reason they announced a ban was just to get meta data of who would call gun stores. The Stasi now has a mark in their permanent file. They probably better buy whilst they can.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Was at the only LGS that sells powder and bullets. The staff there are usually great, but there is one guy that drives me nuts. The dude is a total literal and figurative neckbeard. He had a bunch of hilarious things to say, and I have much of this recorded on my phone. Unfortunately, it's hard to hear everything he says because I am speaking to the salesman about powders and I got a late start to recording.

Some dudes walk in wanting a self defense weapon for the home. Guy hands them a 12 gauge and says something along the lines of "Blah blah, 12 gauge kills everyone! Birdshot is the best round for that there weapon, too!" The guys are excited, as they're young and dumb and he points to a target on the wall that has been shot with birdshot and says "At 30 feet, it will blow a hole that big in someone!" and the guys are like "OH MAN! THATS THE SIZE OF A BASKETBALL!" (This is when I start recording) You can clearly him state how impressive the target is and what distance it was shot at, along with more cooing from the customers. My favorite is the "Anytime they come into your house with ski masks, you put them on the ground!" comment.

The absolute BEST part was when he mentioned to another guy later on who is looking for a pellet gun that the ten pump .177 pellet gun he is selling will kill a rat at 600 feet, and that it is easy to conceal Then he talks about his brother working at sewer plant using that gun and he'd wait until it got dark and then he'd shoot "thirty of them." This is all clearly audible.

I will try to get the sound uploaded today.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 04-02-15 at 07:20.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It wasn't a lgs, but I figured you may get a kick out of this commonly heard one..

I was doing infantry/ tank integration at FT Pickett va, and whilst loading the AAV's, one of my boots started googling and asking questions, naturally the question about armor came up.

Boot-How thick is the AAV's armor?

Crewman- uh well, its like an inch and a half hick, and like 3/8th thick steel plating.

Boot- what can it stop?

Crewman- basically just small arms fire, when testing this vehicle they put the sheep inside and shot it with a .50 cal and............

I'm sure you guys know how the rest of the story goes, followed by me rudely bursting out in laughter and calling the crewman an idiot..
    when life closes doors on you, blow them off the hinges.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingCobra View Post
    It wasn't a lgs, but I figured you may get a kick out of this commonly heard one..

I was doing infantry/ tank integration at FT Pickett va, and whilst loading the AAV's, one of my boots started googling and asking questions, naturally the question about armor came up.

Boot-How thick is the AAV's armor?

Crewman- uh well, its like an inch and a half hick, and like 3/8th thick steel plating.

Boot- what can it stop?

Crewman- basically just small arms fire, when testing this vehicle they put the sheep inside and shot it with a .50 cal and............

I'm sure you guys know how the rest of the story goes, followed by me rudely bursting out in laughter and calling the crewman an idiot..
    Were the sheep sucked out the exit hole?
    That was the BIG story with 105 SABOT back in the day.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Were the sheep sucked out the exit hole?
    That was the BIG story with 105 SABOT back in the day.
    Well duh! It's simple physics! And after, it explodes into a gigantic ball of flames.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Page 224 of 408 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234274324 ... LastLast