Page 230 of 408 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    There is two or three in the Minneapolis/ St.Paul (twin cities) area that are pretty great, but I live in the world of Gander Mtn and Cabela's where DMPS and Bushy's are the two different flavors for AR's, although they both started selling DD's for like $1900. I get sick of the tacticool crowd here. I'll go to the range and see a guy in Multicam or Kryptek with his Ruger Sr-556 and every optic and lazer hanging off the gun, telling me that he got a steal at Gander Mtn, knocked off $100 for all the accessories.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    If I could 'like' this, I would....

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Since we're talking about old, arrogant gun store guys -

Why do the solid majority of them act like they don't want my money, or that they are doing me a favor by letting me shop there?

About to start a twitter feed. I order from G&R because #nodramagunshopping.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank6046 View Post
    There is two or three in the Minneapolis/ St.Paul (twin cities) area that are pretty great, but I live in the world of Gander Mtn and Cabela's where DMPS and Bushy's are the two different flavors for AR's, although they both started selling DD's for like $1900. I get sick of the tacticool crowd here. I'll go to the range and see a guy in Multicam or Kryptek with his Ruger Sr-556 and every optic and lazer hanging off the gun, telling me that he got a steal at Gander Mtn, knocked off $100 for all the accessories.
    Minnesota gun scene summed up in one simple paragraph. All things TOS, nothing M4c

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't know how many people over the last couple of years I have told to come to M4C and do some solid research before laying down your money.
    Most of that effort has I'm afraid been for naught.
    I think the effort to spend some time in learning is usually lost to those who just want to drop some plastic on the counter and go shoot what the guy in the LGS is telling them is top of the line.
    I'm in my mid fifties and an opinionated old fart on many things, but when I got here and took the time I learned how much I didn't know. I still try and take a minute or two a day and just read some interesting stuff here.
    BTW
    "Get off my Lawn and pull up yer damned pants!"

Feedback Score

Why do the solid majority of them act like they don't want my money, or that they are doing me a favor by letting me shop there?

I think for a few reasons.

1) A lot of these guys are domineering types who see almost everyone as someone whose neck they need to stand on. Treating someone with dignity and respect, in the eyes of people like this, means that a person is your equal or greater. It's an insult to their masculinity. When you walk into their castle, they want you to know that they are the king and can do and say what they wish to whom they wish.

2) A lot of them also open gun stores not so much to make money, but to have easier access to stuff for their own collections. I know one guy who, over 20 years, opened 2 gun stores. They both failed because he spent more time and money getting inventory for himself then reselling it. He was also very rude to customers.

3) It's a cliquish social club. They don't like you unless you're a regular or were a friend of the owner outside of the shop.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr blasty View Post
    Minnesota gun scene summed up in one simple paragraph. All things TOS, nothing M4c
    I think this sums it up even better.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    From a recent visit to get some Burris Creek caps, "don't buy a Glock, sooner or later it will go full auto on you." Lmao you can't write this stuff
    P144:1

Feedback Score
    "You can't put a flashlight on a shotgun, it will break, that's why surefire encased theirs in an inch of rubber"

Dudes scope kept popping off his canteliever shotgun mount because his 3" slugs were too ballsy. Employee sold him a canteliever bbl. Apperently it had nothing to do with cheap parts or bad installation. I forget the convo, but the whole thing was rediculous one liners.

Then there was the guy at the range who couldn't hit paper with a scoped lever action at 50. It was the gun being crappy and had nothing to do with the scope or mount which was never looked at.

Girl at work talking to me:
    Her: "my uncle carries a 10mm"
    Me "why"
    Her"because if he misses, it will blow an arm off, that's why" with a what are you, stupid? Look

Gunship worker talking to a couple getting hd gun for girl. "Your gonna want a handgun, something small like this, pulls out some cheap snub nose revolver. She had no plans to carry.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-04-15 at 11:38.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Went to a reloading shop today (they specifically sell reloading components and their own reloads- small shop).

I'd been shopping there for 10 years and bought a good deal of components in that time; the owner was always abrassive and the grumpy old man type- little to no discussion. But always had what I needed in stock and decently priced.

Hadn't been in for quite some time; the owner didn't recognize me and when I went to check out I noticed he added an extra 10% charge after tallying up my total.

I called him on it and he said it was a "new customer" tax!!!

I was dumbfounded. I asked him why he would want to charge new customers a higher rate- his reply was:
    "You youngens think you know everything and ask the dumbest questions; always wasting my time!"

I said "I bet you don't get many new customers do you? And by the way I've been shopping here for ten years... I'll take my business elsewhere from now on, thanks and have a good day sir".

His reply was: "I don't want new customers, my bills get paid just fine- never come back to my store".

Couldn't believe it. That takes the cake for dumbest thing I've heard I a gun store.

I proceeded to call all the people I had turned onto the shop (about 20 people) and told them the story and to stop shopping there.

This is the type of gun guy that makes it harder for the rest of us. Elitism, rudeness and asshatery do nothing but give a negative impression of all gun owners.

It's pretty sad how shitty this guys attitude is.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmitty View Post
    If I could 'like' this, I would....
    Hashtags and 'likes'-

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

Girl at work talking to me:
    Her: "my uncle carries a 10mm"
    Me "why"
    Her"because if he misses, it will blow an arm off, that's why" with a what are you, stupid? Look
    Just tell her you have an 11mm.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 230 of 408 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240280330 ... LastLast