Page 267 of 408 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Kimber is kinda old. I sent it back to Kimber to have them convert it from an external extractor to internal.

I also took the liberty of getting rid of the FLGR and replacing it with GI length. It has never given me problems since.
    I got it years ago, brand new for a really good price. I've had it 10 years and while it isn't my go to hell gun, it's one I thoroughly enjoy.

I don't know if I would get a new one. I didn't know for the longest time that people had bad Kimber experiences. I only got it because the Colt I wanted was too far out my price range. The "made in Brazil" didn't inspre me to like the Springfield and I wanted a 1911.

It's the only 1911 I have and I've put some gnarly Soviet ammo through it when .45 was lean in my area.

Maybe I lucked out. Still want that Colt Series 70 one day.
    I would like Wilson one day but yeesh....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Back in the 70s when I was in high school, dad owned a gunshop. He had one friend working for him- let's call him "Gil"- who told the most outrageous tales. I knew they were stories, but always acted like I believed him just to see how far he'd go.

One day, he was behind the counter when I came in to get a pop from the machine. He said I should be careful because it's so easy to kill someone just by putting something in the water supply- like the water used to make soft drinks. He said it was a deep secret that Mossad had successfully done so many times in the past. He'd been telling some customers how deadly the Mossad was and went on to explain how they could sneak in, put something in the water system and wipe out an entire city, if they wanted. He said they had the method so refined, they could target and kill a certain group of people without harming any innocents. To egg him on, I asked if they could use it to target a single individual. He said yes and they could kill me with that pop and no one could figure out how it was done. I asked him if he knew how they did it. He said yes, but if he told me- well, you know how the rest goes
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    What is a pop?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    What is a pop?
    That's what old people or people living in a weird geographical areas call soda, as in soft drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    What is a pop?
    I missed that. I automatically translated pop to coke. My Midwest to Southern filter is still fully operational.

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What is a pop?
    A sweet, carbonated soft drink, often referred to as a "soda pop", "soda" or just "pop". Some call this class of drink "coke" but this is a misnomer as "coke" in reference to soft drinks is copyrighted by the Coca-Cola Company. This name comes from the special ingredient used to make Coke which is the residue found inside coal cracking furnaces called "coke"that gives the cola its unique foul flavor
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr blasty View Post
    Sorry but your wrong not to say something in this instance. Not only has this peice of human excrement made every firearms related lie that he can, he's actually painting a bad image of our warfighters. People say all kinds of bs, some intentionally and some not. Making them out to be heartless baby killing murder machines is going too far. MF'r needs to be throat punched. Hard.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    These guys were pounding beers and shots like water- would not have been a good move on my part to try and talk sense into drunk idiots.

It took all of my will to restrain myself from beating this idiot about the neck and face.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Just remembered something I heard over Thanksgiving weekend. Took my dad shooting and we were browsing the counter after our session. The shop had a good selection of ARs including Colt and DD. The gun counter guy was showing a customer a number of DDs and the gun counter guy says, "I would strongly recommend looking at Armalite. They're coming back with a VENGEANCE." I literally had to keep from laughing out loud.

Now I don't know if there is any truth to that but considering all the other high quality choices on their walls..... Let's just say that I immediately thought of this thread.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW if Armalite made an AR-180 again and made their AR-10 way more in line with KAC pattern (no FA, etc); it'd be something.

I have a few Armalite stripped lowers. They do okay.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Just remembered something I heard over Thanksgiving weekend. Took my dad shooting and we were browsing the counter after our session. The shop had a good selection of ARs including Colt and DD. The gun counter guy was showing a customer a number of DDs and the gun counter guy says, "I would strongly recommend looking at Armalite. They're coming back with a VENGEANCE." I literally had to keep from laughing out loud.

Now I don't know if there is any truth to that but considering all the other high quality choices on their walls..... Let's just say that I immediately thought of this thread.
    Armalite's definitely had a shake up in the ranks and having sold their rifles at the shop they're definitely doing better with their overall quality. Specs on their defender series are on par with some of the recognized good companies and I personally would take an Armalite Def-15 over a S&W or Spike's (and anything Freedom Group puts out,) but not much else. I also wouldn't say they're coming back with a vengeance, but whoever is at the helm is definitely trying to think outside the traditional Armalite box so to speak.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Page 267 of 408 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast