Page 279 of 408 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    Was in scheels the other day, they have one room marked "modern sporting rifles" where they keep the ars and tactical precision bolt rifles. These two old guys walk in old guy 1 says to old guy 2 "ya this is where they keep all therm ak47s!" (Mind you their ate no add aks in there) og2 says back to og1 "I don't know why anyone needs any of those machines"

I couldn't take it just shook my head an walked out

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    Was in scheels the other day, they have one room marked "modern sporting rifles" where they keep the ars and tactical precision bolt rifles. These two old guys walk in old guy 1 says to old guy 2 "ya this is where they keep all therm ak47s!" (Mind you their ate no add aks in there) og2 says back to og1 "I don't know why anyone needs any of those machines"

I couldn't take it just shook my head an walked out

I went to my first Scheels this past weekend in KC. That is one nice store. Even had a good selection of Daniel Defense.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
    I went to my first Scheels this past weekend in KC. That is one nice store. Even had a good selection of Daniel Defense.
    This store carries a bunch of acogs, nightforce, plus about 15 Daniel defense rifles, along with some barrets, and savage 110s in 338 Lapua. With a nice selection of 1911s.

Feedback Score
    And this is how the antis win-divide and conquer. "I don't care what you do with them black rifles long as you don't ban my 30-30 hunten' rifle."
    I expend tremendous amounts of energy and time merely to be normal.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I've gotten to the point where if someone asks about an XD, Bushmaster, DPMS, RRA, Hi-Point, &c.... I just tell them that I wouldn't want to parachute into Syria with one, but that they do what 99% of people who buy them need/want them to do 99% of the time and most people who buy them are happy with them. This gives the fanboys enough of a bone to shut them up while the guys who aren't so enamored can read between the lines and understand it for the backhanded compliment that it is.
    75% of gun owners would be just as happy with airsoft...
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tog View Post
    And this is how the antis win-divide and conquer. "I don't care what you do with them black rifles long as you don't ban my 30-30 hunten' rifle."
    Exactly, these people are worse than the progressives and anti-gunners. Reason being is that it gives them someone to point at and say, "See! Even gun owners agree with common sense gun laws!"

Retards.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
    Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Sad, but true.
    I know of people (they are not my friends) over 30 who piss money away on real optics(Aimpoint, Leupold) and chunk them on a toy gun and pop a Leapers on a DPMS Sportical and call it good.

I spoke in passing about a Mk. 12 Mod 1 build I have in the pipe and how I just got the correct rail and was trying to get the right lower (Colt) and was told "Sweet. Check out evike. That's where I got my SPR"

And it was an airsoft store.....so there ya go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tog View Post
    That was a rallying cry even the NRA was okay with back in the 80s and 90s. There are still fudds out there, but many of them today are actively against the banning of semi-autos. They'll make it known loud and clear that "assault rifles" don't impress them, and that those ugly things are an eyesore in any collection. But at the same time, they'll go on a rant against Obama and how they oppose ANY ban. So while I still can't stand fudds and their pretentious holier-than-thou attitude, they aren't as bad as they used to be. At least from what I've seen.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    This. Here. Is Gospel.

The VAST majority of gun owners' guns are never shot, or shot once and stored away. Might as well pick up a $50 air soft. At least you're not going to harm yourself or anybody else.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I was at a gun store today where a customer asked about modifications for glocks...at which point the clerk drew his sidearm and said "you have got to try the ridiculous trigger I have in my glock". He then swept himself, a fellow employee, and the customer while unloading his fully charged glock

I didn't see what happened after that because i left immediately

I also posted this on another board and a lot of the members there didn't see anything wrong with handling loaded firearms on the sales floor of a gun store. I decided I needed to spend less time in both that gun store and on that forum
    VA Arms Co alumnus

Page 279 of 408 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast