Page 280 of 408 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Jack is correct. If all you are going to do with it is post pictures on the Book of Faces and collect likes, you might as well go as cheap as possible.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trio View Post
    I also posted this on another board and a lot of the members there didn't see anything wrong with handling loaded firearms on the sales floor of a gun store. I decided I needed to spend less time in both that gun store and on that forum
    Was the phrase 'big boy rules' used?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Was the phrase 'big boy rules' used?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ahhh Big Boy rules.

Everybody wants to play by them but nobody wants to pay the lawsuit or carry the involuntary manslaughter charge

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nobody mentioned big boy rules.....I will say, my view of things has certainly changed

I started yesterday with a few, set in stone, rules that I thought were fairly universal. They were formed from lots of experiences...working in the industry, my time in the Army, working as a civilian contractor for law enforcement, and just the fact that I'm in my mid 40s and have been shooting almost 40 years

Perhaps paramount amongst those rules was

You only handle live and loaded firearms in a controlled setting where specific parameters define all aspects of handling that firearm and extreme care has been taken to mitigate and minimize risk and unknown conditions. (Unless, of course, it is an emergent need to handle the firearm....as in, I need it to defend myself)

And concurrent with that rule was the idea that the retail floor of a gun store pretty much met none of those criteria

I am learning that there are a lot of people that don't share that view. That think clerks drawing and manipulating loaded firearms and giving them to customers to test is well within the norm for a lot of people

To each his own, I guess
    VA Arms Co alumnus

Feedback Score
    I have accounts I call on in the Disney area of Kissimmee and I stopped at the new machine gun rental range/store that opened not too long ago. The place was packed with English and euro tourists just handing over tons of money to shoot full auto MP5's, M4's, and a belt fed M1919 .30 cal that was something like $150 for a 50 round belt !!

I almost had a heart attack when one of the range " safety " officers who was carrying the biggest damn 6-8" barreled revolver pulled it out to show one of the people and swept half the guys in the range with it !! That dumb **** looked like he was trying his best to be the next version of Rick Grimes from the Walking Dead.

All the high prices and stupidity aside it was pretty cool to see the look on peoples faces after going through a few mags on full auto and burst fire. I did enjoy watching a very attractive lady with nice hooters get to experience hot brass down the front of her shirt She was dancing quick after that one dropped.

S.M.
    Last edited by sandman99and9; 01-07-16 at 16:01.
    "I'd rather have a Bloody Mary made from the bandage drippings of a dozen Ebola victims than watch BattleField Earth again."

SeriousStudent

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Murica' I used to like going to big parks like that. But after the obola scare. Don't think I wanna anymore. People from all over the world there.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Hell, there are members RIGHT HERE who exclaim the same tripe.

Back in the days of Dick Tracey they were "tramps", in the 70's it was "punk". Anyone remember Harry Callahan? And no he wasn't referring to the kids with brightly colored mohawks and torn up jeans. The Thuggees were a death cult in India that operated like an organized crime syndicate back in the day. Under British rule these throat slitting bastards were commonly referred to as "thugs". And just like Robin of the Hood; Robin Hood, hoodlum, yo I'm from tha "hood" (pun for neighborhood and hood the criminal) these terms have been synonymous with criminality ever since in the English lexicon.

Then of course there is the matter of the motto that urban gang members live under, "thug life".
    We must be on the same wavelength, lol...I've explained the origins of "thug" and "hood" as you've mentioned but still get the sheep stare or the "well, in modern terms it's still meant as racist so yeah".
    And as you've noted, "thug life" and worse terms are just fine when used by a subset of people describing themselves, yet when some one else uses it, the PC Police are on the attack.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    "Thug Life"??????

This ain't the 90's, fellas.

Now it's, "Gangster" with the R actually pronounced.

Feedback Score
    One of the problems of working in a gun store is that, in addition to the neckbeards and mouth breathers, there's a bunch of hyper type-A++ personalities who, while knowledgeable, live for no other reason than to dominate and humiliate people. Now, I'm no SME, but I think I know enough to point people in the right direction when searching for a gun. I also know good amount of technical details and modifications that can be done to most of the common semi-auto rifles. But again, I don't know everything about everything. For this reason, I have no time for people like this:

Earlier in my firearm sales years, I got a call from this really hyped up guy. The conversation went like this:

Me: "[Gun store] can I help you?"

Him: "I need a conversion kit for a Saiga."

Me: "What kind of conversion kit?"

Him: "Jesus, do you know ANYTHING about guns??"

Me: "Uh, I have a decent base of knowledge, but I'm still not 100% sure what you're asking for."

Him: "What the hell did I just say? I want a damn conversion kit for a Saiga. How ****ing hard is this??"

Me: "I'm just not sure what you're asking for. Could you explain..."

Him: "No, don't even waste my time. You just lost yourself a customer for life. Nice work, dumbass!" [slams down phone]

I later looked up and got an idea of what he meant. But seriously, if you're such a Goddamn expert AND your time is precious, order it online and save your flawless eardrums from the dumb shit that comes out of the mouths of uneducated dumbasses like me. I won't shed a tear that I won't get to work with you again.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Page 280 of 408 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast