Page 311 of 408 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    I work with the guy every day so that's not an option. He's an ok guy, he's just suffering from hearing all the dumb shit we've all heard before and taking it as gospel .

He's sitting 10 feet from me as I type this.
    Are you familiar with the Jethro Gibbs smack?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Are you familiar with the Jethro Gibbs smack?
    That's assault, brother.

Even if I was God's own D-bag and some dude smacked me, bows would thrown

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not going to get into the carrying a gun and never fired it debate. I have major issues with it and am not going to write a thesis about it at the moment.

Anyway, more dumb shit.

Was talking with an older guy I shoot with at times. Nice, guy, seriously I like him, and he will actually take some advice in regards to shooting from me from time to time. Anyway, was talking with him about carry guns and get on the topic about me carrying a 19 most of the time lately. Get to the topic of it having a 15 round mag and he starts talking about working as armed security at a local park and how he was carrying a 9mm when he worked there. I honestly don't remember if he said it was a Ruger or an older Smith auto but the end point came to him complaining about the weight of the damn thing and how after a while he went to carrying only one extra mag and would only carry 10 rounds in a 15 round mag because "Damn, that thing got heavy after a while." I couldn't decide if I needed to facepalm myself or him.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Having carried a Smith Gen 3 auto .45 ACP for 8, 10, 12 hours, plus belt.....it's a boat anchor.

But I don't see 5 rounds being the major deciding point on weight

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Having carried a Smith Gen 3 auto .45 ACP for 8, 10, 12 hours, plus belt.....it's a boat anchor.

But I don't see 5 rounds being the major deciding point on weight
    I agree. If I wanted to cut weight there are other places I would look at doing it first, like that massive Maglight that you've got on your belt. That, or getting a better belt and/holster combo. Downloading my mags to get a few ounces wouldn't even make the list.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Or follow the advice of the Vikings and Grow Stronger.

I wanted to Punch out these prissy dudes wisping about like Sprites on a Pond carrying Glock hi cap pistols and my dumbass is in the 21st century with a heavy ass single stack that after a long ass day made you feel like you would float away upon unbelting yourself.

But it built character

Feedback Score
    My father-in-law won a DPMS Oracle (5.56) in a contest through a Harley dealership, a little background on my Father in Law, hes a big sportsman, but not an AR or Military rifle guy what so ever, and the only "tactical" firearms he owns is a Ruger LCP for carry, so Easter weekend came around and he brought me to the "tactical" gunshop near him in south Wisco for me to deck out his rifle as he wanted. As we roll in I see Rock River propaganda all over the place, but as this is near the Rock River I try to pay it no mind. Behind the counter is a 400lb man in his late 40's, wearing Multi-cam pants and a gravy stained NAVY Sweatshirt. My father in law goes to make chit-chat while I pick out the MOE basics which will suit him fine. I hear the guy behind the counter say "DPMS makes one of the best AR's on the market you should consider yourself lucky sir, those old Colts don't stand a chance to a DPMS" At first I thought he was just leading my Father in law on, but then pointed him to a DDM4 V11 he had on the wall, "that is the top of the top right there" Well now I had to respond
    "what makes that the top of the top?" I say
    "well they tune the gas rod system a little at free float the barrel" he says
    "plus they are the only ones who use a better steal and hammer forge their barrels no one else does that"
    "Interesting" I say, "I know that DD makes a good barrel"
    My father in law explains that I own a DD to the guy
    "Yep them Barrett, and this company Rainier (pronouncing it Rain-ER) they do some really great customs and are the only ones I know that do hammer forged barrels"
    "What about BCM" I ask as I hold up a Ambi-gunfighter charging handle (did I mention this is in Wisconsin)
    "Oh, I'm not sure about them" He says, "I like Yankee Hill stuff though thats what all the Pro's use" pointing to his NAVY shirt
    "Interesting" I say playing along
    we buy what we need and then leave and my father in law asks, "I'm assuming he was full of shit?"
    "Yes, yes he was"
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    That's assault, brother.

Even if I was God's own D-bag and some dude smacked me, bows would thrown
    You'd get over it.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    You'd get over it.
    No, man. I hold grudges.
    Like some kid got the last chocolate milk in 4th grade and I had to get regular milk like some asshole.

Still gripes my ass. Friday was chocolate milk day dammit.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    No, man. I hold grudges.
    Like some kid got the last chocolate milk in 4th grade and I had to get regular milk like some asshole.

Still gripes my ass. Friday was chocolate milk day dammit.
    What was the kid's name?
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 311 of 408 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313321361 ... LastLast