Page 312 of 408 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    What was the kid's name?
    That was like a quarter century ago. I don't remember. Some goofy ass white boy with freckles and beady eyes.

But should our fates ever intertwine once more, that shit will be addressed.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    What was the kid's name?
    He can't tell you. If he does they'll figure out who kneecapped him at the 25th reunion.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A
    Then, somehow, we get to talking about wives/GF's shooting and carrying guns and the Public Defender (Whom I think may actually be slightly retarded, I don't mean that as an insult, I think there is actually something wrong with him.) says "My wife loves shooting my Shield so I'm gonna get a 642 for her to carry."
    Me: "Why?"*
    Pd: "She needs a carry gun and revolvers are better for women."
    M: (At this point I am trapped in this whirlpool and I no longer know which way is up) "If she likes your shield why not just get her one too?"
    Pd: Blank Stare "Like I said, revolvers are better guns for women. They don't jam and they don't need a clip to hold the bullets."
    I really wish I could be there to see his wife's face when he presents her with not only something she didn't want, but also the accompanying explanation that it's because he believes she's too dumb to figure out how to use a gun she's already been using.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Big A's story made me cry.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    When people come in trailing shit from their mouth, I usually just smile, nod, and wait for it to end. Since I get paid to work on guns, not sell them, I can usually escape back to the shop. Besides, I've found you can only change these people about 5% of the time.

Awhile back, this fellow buys a small Taurus revolver to edc (not going into the Taurus thing). After about a week, he brings it back, says it won't fire. Well, the shop owner locks all guns that have a built in lock when they go in the counter. Keeps the "finger Feely" guys from excessive playing. Hard to sell a new gun that already looks worn. It'll be unlocked for the serious shopper. We carefully explain the built in lock to all buyers, showing them exactly how it works, and that it went in the box locked.
    So, he's bought this gun, took it home, loaded it, and carried it for a week. He told us so. He lives out rural, it's a rural shop, he can shoot in his yard. After this week goes by, he decides maybe he should see if the gun actually works. He can't fire it, so he brings it back, says it's broken.
    We unlocked it, works fine now.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    And, since you want more of his money, didn't make him seem like a fool? Correct?

Not a gun store, but the first Harley I bought was a Sportster, this was back in the days when Harley kind of protected their dealers territory. I called them up told them what I wanted, they had a yellow one, which was not what I wanted, they also quoted a price to me that was well above MSRP, when I asked then why the guy said, 'in two days it will be gone' - I get that, but aside from the putrid color, that wasn't what I was going to pay. So I called around and found exactly what I wanted 120 miles away, put money down on it, had them fax me a conditional bill of sale for the insurance so I could ride it home that weekend. Next morning they called and said, we can't sell you the bike, the other shop is bitching you are in their area (I didn't think to ask how they found out). I told the guy well, I've given you money down, I have a bill of sale, I'll be in to pick up my bike Saturday. I'm pretty sure that is what they wanted to hear so, we are okay.

Bear with me.

A couple weeks later I'm rolling up on my first oil change, I'm in the area of the first shop, so I thought, WTF, I'll stop in and buy some oil. I've checked the oil before every ride, but have never changed it, I don't have the manual, just spur of the moment decide to get oil, I don't have the slightest idea, what weight, etc. The shop is crowded and I wander around a bit, find the oil, pick up what I would think went in it, picked up a quart and approached the counter, waited until the guy was momentarily not busy and asked, 'hey is this what I need for my Sportster?' The guy looks up and says loud enough for anyone in the counter area to hear, 'Hey, 'Joe' look what this guy wants to put in a Sportster' I tossed, not threw, the guy the oil, turned and walked out. I've bought two new Harley's since then, the last one, a Street Glide had nearly 3,000 worth of add on's. But those assholes have never seen a dime of my money. I'm also pretty sure someone has actually pissed on their building.

I know what oil everyone of my motorcycles needs now, it's on the maintenance whiteboard in my garage, but that day I didn't. That guys response cost the shop several thousand in potential new sales, and maintenance I can't/don't care to do. Up until recently, I didn't change my own tires, at least twice a year I rode 120 miles, one way, to put new tires on, just so I didn't give those guys my money. Well, also to eat at my favorite Mexican Restaurant and loaf around the town for a day.

Fvck assholes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    When people come in trailing shit from their mouth, I usually just smile, nod, and wait for it to end. Since I get paid to work on guns, not sell them, I can usually escape back to the shop. Besides, I've found you can only change these people about 5% of the time.

Awhile back, this fellow buys a small Taurus revolver to edc (not going into the Taurus thing). After about a week, he brings it back, says it won't fire. Well, the shop owner locks all guns that have a built in lock when they go in the counter. Keeps the "finger Feely" guys from excessive playing. Hard to sell a new gun that already looks worn. It'll be unlocked for the serious shopper. We carefully explain the built in lock to all buyers, showing them exactly how it works, and that it went in the box locked.
    So, he's bought this gun, took it home, loaded it, and carried it for a week. He told us so. He lives out rural, it's a rural shop, he can shoot in his yard. After this week goes by, he decides maybe he should see if the gun actually works. He can't fire it, so he brings it back, says it's broken.
    We unlocked it, works fine now.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk
    Mind if I use this story as an example as to why you test your gun before carrying it, or relying on it at all? It really is a finer example than I can come up with when I run into his kind.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    And, since you want more of his money, didn't make him seem like a fool? Correct?

Not a gun store, but the first Harley I bought was a Sportster, this was back in the days when Harley kind of protected their dealers territory. I called them up told them what I wanted, they had a yellow one, which was not what I wanted, they also quoted a price to me that was well above MSRP, when I asked then why the guy said, 'in two days it will be gone' - I get that, but aside from the putrid color, that wasn't what I was going to pay. So I called around and found exactly what I wanted 120 miles away, put money down on it, had them fax me a conditional bill of sale for the insurance so I could ride it home that weekend. Next morning they called and said, we can't sell you the bike, the other shop is bitching you are in their area (I didn't think to ask how they found out). I told the guy well, I've given you money down, I have a bill of sale, I'll be in to pick up my bike Saturday. I'm pretty sure that is what they wanted to hear so, we are okay.

Bear with me.

A couple weeks later I'm rolling up on my first oil change, I'm in the area of the first shop, so I thought, WTF, I'll stop in and buy some oil. I've checked the oil before every ride, but have never changed it, I don't have the manual, just spur of the moment decide to get oil, I don't have the slightest idea, what weight, etc. The shop is crowded and I wander around a bit, find the oil, pick up what I would think went in it, picked up a quart and approached the counter, waited until the guy was momentarily not busy and asked, 'hey is this what I need for my Sportster?' The guy looks up and says loud enough for anyone in the counter area to hear, 'Hey, 'Joe' look what this guy wants to put in a Sportster' I tossed, not threw, the guy the oil, turned and walked out. I've bought two new Harley's since then, the last one, a Street Glide had nearly 3,000 worth of add on's. But those assholes have never seen a dime of my money. I'm also pretty sure someone has actually pissed on their building.

I know what oil everyone of my motorcycles needs now, it's on the maintenance whiteboard in my garage, but that day I didn't. That guys response cost the shop several thousand in potential new sales, and maintenance I can't/don't care to do. Up until recently, I didn't change my own tires, at least twice a year I rode 120 miles, one way, to put new tires on, just so I didn't give those guys my money. Well, also to eat at my favorite Mexican Restaurant and loaf around the town for a day.

Fvck assholes.
    AWESOME. Ill do the same thing- somebody pisses me off, Satan will wear a fur coat before I do bidness with em again. I have a couple times before, walked into a car dealership & one gunshop just only to show them a receipt and tell them A. they lost a sale then & B. they lost my money forever.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    AWESOME. Ill do the same thing- somebody pisses me off, Satan will wear a fur coat before I do bidness with em again. I have a couple times before, walked into a car dealership & one gunshop just only to show them a receipt and tell them A. they lost a sale then & B. they lost my money forever.
    Let's face it. We're haters.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

Bear with me.

Fvck assholes.
    That warms my heart, Thank You!
    If there is anything "Wrong" with Harley Davidson Motorcycles it's usually within the Dealership atmosphere and attitude.
    I tried to make a purchase without financing, just a straight check and they wouldn't allow it without first talking to the finance manager. I walked out the door, drove down the street and bought at a dealership down the road.
    Being that this dealership is right out the main gate of an Army Post, the Dealership figures you should eat a crap sandwich in order to buy a bike there.

Page 312 of 408 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362 ... LastLast