Page 313 of 408 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,130 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    When a friend of mine was looking for a 308, we were checking some out at a shop. Other guy walks in and says "since youre not buying, I'm gonna help this guy" as he walked away. My buddy pulled out his cash and said "ok well go to [place down the road]". Ended up buying one at the other shop.

His grandfather had done the same, but with 35k cash for a trailer. Guy said he didn't think he could afford the model he asked about. Ended up buying one at another dealership and drove it in and told the sales guy he missed out on the sale.

People are unbelievable.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Pretty Woman!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Someone asked me for anti roll pins for his 80% lower.
    I told him I had no idea what he was talking about.
    He looked at me like I was purple.
    When I suggested KNS anti walk pins he said yeah... like Duh
    I quietly sold him the pins while thinking about his tacticool 80% AR exploding on the first round fired.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Pretty Woman!
    That's my favorite chick flick too!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Pretty Woman!
    Yeah, Yeah, they might be pretty Women, but then it starts to burn when you pee and a wart starts growing on Mr Johnson and then it's like Dayyyum..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Someone asked me for anti roll pins for his 80% lower.
    I told him I had no idea what he was talking about.
    He looked at me like I was purple.
    When I suggested KNS anti walk pins he said yeah... like Duh
    I quietly sold him the pins while thinking about his tacticool 80% AR exploding on the first round fired.
    Anti Roll Pins? Which uncle is she married to?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletdog View Post
    Tell the truth now… Did the idea of trying to fix stupid occur to you?
    The urge did bubble up for a second but quickly dissipated. I have learned long ago that trying to correct people suffering from willful and wanton stupidity is an exercise of the most futile variety. Especially when it is a grown ass man suffering for the afore mentioned affliction.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I feel you. But...if someone broke in, it's still a good shoot. Why lie?

See....we all got war stories. Some we sex up to impress friends/girls/kids/rookies we're not responsible for.

But, most should be taken with some salt.

Also...I dunno why everyone thinks revolvers are a chick gun. Especially people who should know better.

Take a girl. Give her a J frame. Load it up with snap caps. Tell her to pull the trigger DA until she gets tired. Won't take long.
    I like revolvers because there are some morbid .44 SPL loads one can cook up.

But if I were a wispy lass....a Glock in .357 Sig. Most would say 9mm. But I would be rebellious. And I don't mean Avril Lavigne.

I'm talking Wendy O. Williams grade.
    No arguments from me brother. I will however admit to being under the influence of the revolvers for women myth in my younger, less intellectually developed years, but I have since corrected this behavior and have henceforth proceeded with a larger well of knowledge to draw from.

One of the other misconceptions I have heard as to the why revolvers are better for women myth is, (and this one is a direct quote from the Public Defender from earlier) "Women are too weak to rack the slide to chamber a round." I have heard several variations of this utterly ridiculous nonsense. I'm surprised these feckless idiots can even manage to keep a steady relationship with members of the fairer sex. They must think women like Julie Golob, Jessie Duff and Janna Reeves are super human or something. I would honestly love to see these fools have the same conversations with ladies of that caliber and watch them try to tell those ladies a thing or two about what guns are best for women.

Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Are you familiar with the Jethro Gibbs smack?
    Yes and it isn't worth the $303 in court costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    I really wish I could be there to see his wife's face when he presents her with not only something she didn't want, but also the accompanying explanation that it's because he believes she's too dumb to figure out how to use a gun she's already been using.
    Me too. Especially since he has told me she is a Latina with a fiery temper from a long linage of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Big A's story made me cry.
    There, there my friend. Let us not weep for these contemptible fools for they surely do not deserve it.

This morning Mr. Drop Gun happened to bring up the topic of shotguns in my presence. More willful and wanton stupidity ensued. (I bet most here can guess where this is going.)

Mr.DG: "You know what's great about a pump shotgun?"
    Me: (Playing along pretending to eagerly await this decadent morsel of unsolicited knowledge that he is so graciously willing to bestow upon me so that I my file it away within the bounds of my cerebral cortex and reference it later on.) "What's that?"
    Mr.DG: "All you have to do is pump it and it'll scare the piss outta someone that breaks into your house."
    Me: "Why not already have a round chambered so all you have to do is take the safety off and blast the ****er? Or better yet use a semi auto shotgun?"
    Mr.DG: (Stares at me blankly for a moment) "It's dangerous to keep a round in the chamber of a shotgun."
    Me: (Oh Goody, more deliciously decadent morsels of knowledge!) "How so?"
    Mr.DG: "If you drop the gun it could go off."
    Me: (Playing along as if I am some naïve neophyte.) "But what if the intruder is armed? Wouldn't racking it give away your position to the intruder?"
    Mr.DG: "Trust me any man that has heard that sound before is gonna run outta that house pissing his pants."
    Me: "Oh. Interesting...." (At this point I had decided that I had a glut of knowledge morsels and decided to push away from the trough.)
    Last edited by Big A; 04-04-16 at 11:01.
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Shotguns and Revolvers bring out the worst in people.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Any time I hear someone use the "rack a shotgun/piss their pants" argument, I offer to let them rack a shotgun... then an AK... then an AR... then a handgun. And tell me what difference they think it's going to make if they hear it in someone else's house, in the dark, in a room that might be the next one over or on the other side of the house. If someone's going to piss their pants because they heard you rack a shotgun, they're going to piss their pants if they hear you rack an AK or AR or a handgun. Hell, probably even a bolt-action rifle would do it, provided that you're running the bolt like you mean it. (Chamber loaded/chamber unloaded is a whole other ball of wax.)
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think the scariest thing some mope could hear in someone else's house is "OH BOY!" or "Trick or Treat, Motherfvcker!"

Page 313 of 408 FirstFirst ... 213263303311312313314315323363 ... LastLast