Page 39 of 408 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    At my ffl today(a pawn shop) picking up a lower.

The owner saw I bought an AR lowers and mentioned how someone came in last week talking about them.
    He said the customer mentioned something about needing .223 because 5.56mm doesnt work in his gun.
    The pawn owner mentioned to me that the guy didnt know what he was talking about because....".223 and 5.56mm are interchangable. theres no difference at all"

By the way, this guy is not who i ask about weapons. I only go there because their FFl transfer fee is 20$....15$ cheaper than anywhere else local, and this place is 2-5 minutes away, not 30minutes like the closest gunstore.

Feedback Score
    There is a shop nearby run by total jerks. Every now and again, you just have to go there to pick something up. The trouble is, they have the most stock for many miles.

I'm in there one day, trying to be polite as possible around the jerks, and one of them starts to speak. He begins patting himself on the back and bragging about his needing shoulder surgery because of his powerful handgun, a .454 Freedom Arms revolver. According to him, that made his handgun far better than my own .45 Colt.

Likewise, according to him, my .45 Colt is useless because it is an old cartridge in an old firearm design. Apparently, any degree of old in cartridge design makes it ineffective.

Of course, this is the same fellow that said my Keltec P32 was only good for sticking up someone's nose and pulling the trigger. This is also the same guy that cleans his Glock solely with an air hose.

Feedback Score
    Indoor range/gunshop in Oceanside 3 days ago.

Guy comes into the lane next to mine with his daughter, he's giving a bit of a brief on how to shoot and when hes done he holds his nahds to his chest forming a circle and says"remember, aim small, miss small" makes the circle bigger and says"aim big, miss big" and he was dead serious

I laughed

same guy 20 minutes later looks over and says is that a bushmaster?
    Me-no, it's LWRC
    him-never heard of 'em, cant be as good as bushmaster
    Men acquire a particular quality by constantly acting a particular way. We become just by performing just actions, temperate by performing temperate actions, brave by performing brave actions-Aristotle

The wise man sees in the misfortune of others what he should avoid-Marcus Aurelius

For these things give thanks at nightfall:
    The day gone, a guttered torch,
    A sword tested, the troth of a maid,
    Ice crossed, ale drunk- Havamal

Feedback Score
    "The Smith and Wesson M&P is the latest version of a double action only pistol"

To which the clerk/Subject Matter Expert was asked to field strip the pistol and point out just how this could be. He was unable to explain how a trigger bar that moved only the sear could impart any cocking motion to the firing pin.
    Avatar = Comparison between standard and high capacity clips.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I heard today that LMT tan and Magpul DE are "dookie brown", and that "dookie brown" does nothing better than black does to "camo" a black rifle.

Until I shot a lot at night, and until I was outside at night with top tier NV, I would have never believed that black wasn't ideal for "night camo".

Further, having seen lots of painted guns in otherwise green environments, the ones that have more brown/tan/DE as a base usually blend in better with the environment surrounding it -- no matter if it is brown or green.

I saved my commentary though, as they were yucking it up heartily.

Feedback Score
    Carters Country in Houston, I overheard the counter guy telling a customer that he didn't want a Glock since they had no safety. He said there was a local cop that took his gun off when he was taking a dump. The cop placed it on the coat hook, the hook hit the trigger and made it fire. The gun spun around in circles while firing until it went empty.

Feedback Score
    This may actually be my first post here since 98% of the time I just read......

This thread is championship is so many ways I can't even begin to describe them.

Makes me extremely happy that my local dealer is an old retired Fed who answer what he knows, admits when he doesn't, and looks up/finds out the answer. Never feeds you full of anything other than good deals and will order me anything I want with no hassle just because "it's not his brand" hahaha.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    "All my Romanian AKs have straight sights and gas blocks. You should get your eyes checked. There's nothing wrong with it. It comes with a bayonet too."
    Mike Olivella
    Airborne Training Director
    Solkoa, Inc.

www.solkoa.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrvmax View Post
    Carters Country in Houston, I overheard the counter guy telling a customer that he didn't want a Glock since they had no safety. He said there was a local cop that took his gun off when he was taking a dump. The cop placed it on the coat hook, the hook hit the trigger and made it fire. The gun spun around in circles while firing until it went empty.
    Only dumb things are heard at Carter's Country. And despite having a fantastic collection, Collector's Firearms is filled with equally mind numbing commentary.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrvmax View Post
    Sounds like something out of a Mel Brooks movie
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Page 39 of 408 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast