Page 40 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrvmax View Post
    Carters Country in Houston, I overheard the counter guy telling a customer that he didn't want a Glock since they had no safety. He said there was a local cop that took his gun off when he was taking a dump. The cop placed it on the coat hook, the hook hit the trigger and made it fire. The gun spun around in circles while firing until it went empty.
    Oh great, now my coat hooks are "Constructive Intent"...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    Oh great, now my coat hooks are "Constructive Intent"...
    I get that you're joking so this isn't directed at you. But constructive intent is by far the stupidest f#$*ing thing I've ever heard of.

I have a penis, and when I'm lucky I get to step into a room with a female. Surely I must be intent on rape. It's the same argument as having an unwed sbr upper.
    Last edited by thopkins22; 08-26-09 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    I get that you're joking so this isn't directed at you. But constructive intent is by far the stupidest f#$*ing thing I've ever heard of.

I have a penis, and when I'm lucky I get to step into a room with a female. Surely I must be intent on rape. It's the same argument as having an unwed sbr upper.
    ...umm... maybe no one is afraid of your penis?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    All from the two trips, about three years apart, at the same gun store in Portland called The Gun Room:

"We don't carry HK or Glock SHIT here. they're total junk. worthless. they're plastic and fall apart within a few thousand rounds. in fact, they were originally designed to be disposable- use them for a few magazines and throw them away."

---------

After I comment on how the well-used 20 "post ban" bushmaster HBAR in my hands was not worth $2250, Dickhead replies: Well see if you can do better than that. There's no quality AR in any configuration new or used for less than that.

Me: Uh, 6920s generally go for less than $1200 (keep in mind this is pre-obamanaton... remember those days? wow).

Dickhead snickers: I said "quality" AR.

Me: Colt IS a quality AR. but whatever, I just had some time and wanted to see what y'all had in stock. I build my own anyway.

Dickhead: Don't build your own, that's the absolutely worst way to get a gun- you'll spend three times as much as this Bushmaster for an inferior gun that'll jam up every time you shoot it.

Me: Uh, I DO build my own, and I've always been able to do it for around $1,200 and have a better weapon than any box gun and it's the way I want it the first time."

Dickhead: No, trust me. It can't be done. I've seen people try a thousand times, it cant be done. Trust me, I was a machinegun dealer for 30 years.

Me: I just said I DO, HAVE, and will continue to build my own.

By this point we're the center of attention in the shop. Our words are growing louder and less kind, and customers as well as other shop employees are watching. I proceed to list parts, their sources, and their prices and add up a fantastic gun with rails AND aimpoint for a little under $1,500. I tally up for him, as he stands there watching me, on my PDA calculator, every part from muzzle device to buttplate. When I finish and show him the total on my screen he says:

"See, I told you you couldn't do it."

I felt my face scrunch up and looked at him like he'd just sprouted vines out his big floppy ears and left without saying another word.

The Gun Room.
    The opinionated old guy is Warren, and he really believes 9mm isn't effective or lethal. I begged off having one of his two helpers mount trijicons on my P228 for $150.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm sure you've this one before.

....................Of course DPMS is made to mil spec. They have to be to keep the miltary contact.
    Last edited by bradb55; 08-27-09 at 21:26.
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I stopped by my local gunshop today just to see what was new. One of the guys at the store started chatting with me. He said that a guy had come in the store earlier with a Hi-Point and wanted to know how he could fix the sights that were melted to his gun.

I guess he decided to have the slide powder coated. In case you didn't know already, the powder coating process requires heating the metal so that the plastic powders will melt to it. I guess he didn't realize that the sights might need to be removed first.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    I stopped by my local gunshop today just to see what was new. One of the guys at the store started chatting with me. He said that a guy had come in the store earlier with a Hi-Point and wanted to know how he could fix the sights that were melted to his gun.

I guess he decided to have the slide powder coated. In case you didn't know already, the powder coating process requires heating the metal so that the plastic powders will melt to it. I guess he didn't realize that the sights might need to be removed first.
    so he spent more on the coating than he spent on the gun... and by the time he gets some new sights on there he could have had a glock.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    so he spent more on the coating than he spent on the gun... and by the time he gets some new sights on there he could have had a glock.
    Yes, but you don't understand, the Hi-Point is a good "builder" with so many possibilities.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes, but you don't understand, the Hi-Point is a good "builder" with so many possibilities.
    Yeah as a throw down
    Dead men tell no tales!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    is this actually something people say about hi-points? what exactly do you "build" them into? heaping piles of shit?

Page 40 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast