Page 41 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    Been in countless gun stores since I was younger and it always seemed that they didn't want to give me much of their time, or when I would ask a question I would get an answer that I knew was total BS but just nodded my head anyway and either just bought what I wanted or walked out. Maybe they figured I wasn't going to buy anything cause of my age. Some people wouldn't even approach and see if I needed anything. I have found it best to just walk in tap on the kid behind the counter and say I want such and such firearm.

I vowed if I ever got behind the counter I would help someone as much as I could and if I didn't know the answer I would tell them that. One person is not going to know everything about every firearm. I ended up working part time behind a gun counter at a Cabelas for about 6 months. Some people I could help some I couldn't. But I made sure I approached everyone that came to the counter and asked them if I could help in any way.

matt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrvmax View Post
    Carters Country in Houston, I overheard the counter guy telling a customer that he didn't want a Glock since they had no safety. He said there was a local cop that took his gun off when he was taking a dump. The cop placed it on the coat hook, the hook hit the trigger and made it fire. The gun spun around in circles while firing until it went empty.
    Guns don't kill people... coat hooks do!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This didn’t happen to me, I think I read it on the internet somewhere, but it sounds true enough.

Guy is buying 9mm at Walmart and the cashier asks him if it is for a handgun. The guy says no it is for a shotgun. The cashier, with a knowledgeable nod of the head smartly replies, "ahh duck season."

One time I was buying .22lr at Walmart and the cashier said "I would ask you if this is for a handgun, but I know there is no handgun that shoots 22" I said "really?" He replies "yeah that is why they are called 22 LONG RIFLE.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    hmm.. i've never been asked what ammunition was for at walmart.. just went and bought up some 9emem last night, again- no questions.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    hmm.. i've never been asked what ammunition was for at walmart.. just went and bought up some 9emem last night, again- no questions.
    It only matters if you're under 21. Still another really stupid law. I've never been asked but I don't expect to lately. I don't get carder for whiskey or smokes very often either.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    is this actually something people say about hi-points? what exactly do you "build" them into? heaping piles of shit?
    I have only heard one good thing about a Hi Point and that was from a guy at the rifle range. He had a nice custom Remington 700, an AK, and a 45ACP Hi Point. I thought it was an odd collection so I asked him about the Hi Point and he said "It is worth what I paid for it but I did take a deer with it last year."

I believe him based on how well he shot all of his guns including the Hi-Point. I'm just not sure what he was thinking.

The guy who runs the local pawn shop said that he will not even take them in due to the liability.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    The guy who runs the local pawn shop said that he will not even take them in due to the liability.
    and probably the simple fact that probably 50% of them are stolen. stolen from assholes to whole them from assholes who stole them.

Feedback Score
    At the gun show last weekend. I overheard one guy say to another "I don't need a light on my home defense rifle. I mean I'm just going to walk down the hall in my house with it."

Feedback Score
    "The M16 shoots a bullet that tumbles through the air making it accurate like a football pass and if it hits a guy in, say his finger, then the bullet will probably come out of his nose or somewhere like a high speed super collider spitting out a tungsten booger."

Really.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    I have only heard one good thing about a Hi Point and that was from a guy at the rifle range. He had a nice custom Remington 700, an AK, and a 45ACP Hi Point. I thought it was an odd collection so I asked him about the Hi Point and he said "It is worth what I paid for it but I did take a deer with it last year."

I believe him based on how well he shot all of his guns including the Hi-Point. I'm just not sure what he was thinking.

Okay- here's my Hi-Point Story- I used to be a volunteer pistol instructor for a youth program that works the kids into higher caliber pistols as they progress in skill level.
    So I go into the local dealer to see if he has any police trade-in S&W semi-autos for use at this program rather than have the kids put a couple thousand rounds through my stuff during the class.
    Dealer tells me I would be better off by buying one of the 50 Hi-Points he has behind the counter- tells me don't even bother to shoot it- tells me to send it back to the factory as soon as I get home- they'll tune it up and send me back a free t-shirt with it.
    That was ten years ago and he still hasn't gotten a dime of my business. Fast forward to today and I now instruct Concealed Carry classes and absolutely love when someone brings a Hi-Point to class- Really reinforces my point of not betting your (or your kid's) life on junk.- Of course I keep a loaner Glock ready to go for that unknowing individual.
    Dealers that sell universal fit holsters for serious social situations really pisses me off too.

Page 41 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast