Page 42 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    I say a nice m1 in a gun store and ask permission to look at it. While I was inspecting it I ran the rear sight up and down to see how tight it was. The young helper had a fit and said don't move the rear sight!!! they are set at the factory.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT D USMC View Post
    I say a nice m1 in a gun store and ask permission to look at it. While I was inspecting it I ran the rear sight up and down to see how tight it was. The young helper had a fit and said don't move the rear sight!!! they are set at the factory.

Well, HE was the one behind the counter, right? So HE must be the expert! Duh! And you thought you knew " 'bout guns!" dumbass!

Shouldn't there be a class or something?

dog

All in jest, friend! These people suck!

Just like the idiot "bubba" at the gunshow who is suddenly cast into the world of a "firearms expert" just because he rented a table and is seen by several less knowledgeable losers as "that guy". Please.....
    Last edited by thedog; 08-30-09 at 02:57.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    you've got it all wrong, man.. gun show guys really do know shit tons. hell, almost every guy i've ever talked to at gun shows was a retired SEAL and/or "built machine guns for 30 years." and nobody ever lies, especially when there's absolutely no way to verify their credentials and you'll never see them again after Sunday.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    you've got it all wrong, man.. gun show guys really do know shit tons. hell, almost every guy i've ever talked to at gun shows was a retired SEAL and/or "built machine guns for 30 years." and nobody ever lies, especially when there's absolutely no way to verify their credentials and you'll never see them again after Sunday.

ATF Plants..

Seriously, though. How many guys at gunshows are U/C ATF types? I had an AR15 that was unfortunately destroyed by a house fire, that took my truck and weapon with it. Got a beautiful semi-melted AR out of the deal. This was a year or so after "Waco", in Texas, and My friend who was with me at the show, humourosly told people that my weapon had been "recovered at a church near Waco Tx." I saw at least three people shadowing us the entire rest of the time we were at that gunshow. Mesquite Tx.

And yes, I sold the remains... wonder who bought it?

Wish I hadn't, now. dog

Feedback Score
    Oh, I once heard a female cop (she was sporting the badge etc...) telling her male "friend" that the Ruger 10-22 was a cop killer because it could shoot "Metal jacket bullets that can pierce any known body armor because of the high rate of spin of the bullets, and because the rifles can be made into "assault weapons" with all of the aftermarket shit available.

I asked her about said "aftermarket shit" and she just winked and ushered her male "friend" away. WTF?!?!?

DOG

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    hmm.. i've never been asked what ammunition was for at walmart.. just went and bought up some 9emem last night, again- no questions.
    They ask it EVERY time here at my local China Mart. No matter WHAT I buy, "it's for a rifle." No sense having them ogle my driver's license for inexplicable reasons...
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I'm prematurely bald and what's left is white, even my moustash - too much time in the sandbox in the 90s. When the Wally World register flashes "VERIFY AGE 21", inevitably the kid behind the counter snickers, but never asks for my ID. Bastard.

Called my nearby Walmart to see if they had a set of Weaver rings for an 11mm mount I have on a .22 target rifle. NOTE: as long as it's for any other rifle other than a AR/M4, they cost about $20, but when it's for a black rifle and has a name like GG&G on it, it's $100, WTF!!! The $20 rings were going on a $3K Anschutz. Anyways, the guy on the phone comes back and says "no, we ain't got none of those. Now if you need it for like your M4, then we gotz them, yo." Note that I have no idea who this guy is, he has no idea I really do have an M4, but he assumes I know what he means - which I did, amazingly. This same store has several thousand rounds of Federal .223, and I'm apparently the only dude buying it. Who knows - maybe the mouth breather recognized my voice and connected with the .223 sales. Anyways, I hang up, go to the store, and find the .22/11mm rings instantly. Maybe I need to start prank calling the place.

Feedback Score
    ok,

I was in a local gun store the other day talking to the owner, who is a friend of mine, and on the local FNRA committee. This female corrections officer walks in, in uniform, and asks the owner about the gun cases he had for sale. He winked at me and said," Yes maam, they are right over there. Now what did you say you were going to put in them?" She replied without batting an eye, " Adult toys." I could not beleive my ears, so I said, "excuse me". She said, "I teach classes to adults about sexual therapy, and I use sex toys. I need a case to put them in, and be discreet about this." She bought an aluminum double gun case for 2 long rifles. When she paid and left, the store owner and I both laughed until we had tears coming out of our eyes. I could not beleive it.
    If these same judicial despots misconstrued the Second Amendment as broadly as they do the first, Americans would have nukes to defend themselves from noisy neighbors. - Mark Alexander

I will stop buying guns when my wife stops buying shoes.

"You cant invade America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass" - Adm. Isoroku Yamamoto

A Recession is when your neighbour loses his job,
    A Depression is when you lose your job, and
    A Recovery is when Obama loses his.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by browningboy84 View Post
    ok,

I was in a local gun store the other day talking to the owner, who is a friend of mine, and on the local FNRA committee. This female corrections officer walks in, in uniform, and asks the owner about the gun cases he had for sale. He winked at me and said," Yes maam, they are right over there. Now what did you say you were going to put in them?" She replied without batting an eye, " Adult toys." I could not beleive my ears, so I said, "excuse me". She said, "I teach classes to adults about sexual therapy, and I use sex toys. I need a case to put them in, and be discreet about this." She bought an aluminum double gun case for 2 long rifles. When she paid and left, the store owner and I both laughed until we had tears coming out of our eyes. I could not beleive it.
    Actually not the first time I have seen that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by browningboy84 View Post
    ok,

Was she hot?

Page 42 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast