Page 48 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    No, a lightning link is totally internal. It sounds like he had a Hellstorm 2000 or something like it. They're legal but idiotic.
    I tried a search and it wasn't from the hellstorm line of products. This thing was more refined. It was built like a modified trigger guard with a machined metal ring below the trigger guard. The spring was actually recessed into the guard and it looked like a much cleaner, refined product. It may still be a gimmick, but it made me curious because I hadn't seen one before.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    About one year ago, I overheard a Glock rep at the local LE supply shop endoctrinating some of the shops employees in reference to G22 function issues relating to weapon mounted lights.

I really wish I could remember the ridiculous term he created to explain away the issue, which was basically an overly-intellectual way to describe "limp-wristing". He said something about "postural wrist actuation", something-or-the-other-bullshit....

The employees were completely enamored by the Glock reps vast control over the English vocabulary, and I heard one say something to the effect that "They just dont know how to grip gun properly".

It sounded like he was pissed-off about some instructor bad-mouthing the G22 in favor of a competitors .40cal semi-auto pistol, due to the G22's well documented issues with running weapon mounted lights other than the cheezy GTL (Glock Tactical Light)

Feedback Score

Exclamation

How about: Everything heard on the Showtime series, "Lock and Load"

Feedback Score
    About a month ago I walked in a Cal ranch store and seen that they had a gun section. So I start looking at the rifles and see that they had a smith and wesson AR on their shelf.

I asked if I could see it. The kid could not figure out how to open the bolt up to check if a round was in the rifle. I had to show him.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by geminidglocker View Post
    How about: Everything heard on the Showtime series, "Lock and Load"
    Dammit I was going to post the same thing- just got the sat updated yesterday- saw the first two episodes tonight- Either Colorado gun people are way different than Ohio gun people or the store clerk is a big fake dousche. My guess is it's option # 2

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    A retarded myth I've heard perpetrated is that a .50 BMG round will kill a man even with a near miss. I think the exact words were "get it within a couple feet and the shockwave will tear flesh right off a guy".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    No, a lightning link is totally internal. It sounds like he had a Hellstorm 2000 or something like it. They're legal but idiotic.
    That Hellstorm video is classic!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here is my most recent one. In fact if we ever want to keep this thread alive just PM me and I will travel to the gun shop in question to get a new story for the boards.

Alright so this one consists of a dealer selling a pistol to a first time buyer. He explains the function of the gun, then tells him the basic rules for firearm safety. When it gets to checking if the gun is loaded he actually says there are three steps. The first being: Point the gun away from you and pull the trigger. He then smiles, and pulls the slide back in order to check if a round is in the chamber while explaining "step two".

I knew the guy was joking with the buyer, but I thought it was a pretty f-ed up way to joke.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    A retarded myth I've heard perpetrated is that a .50 BMG round will kill a man even with a near miss. I think the exact words were "get it within a couple feet and the shockwave will tear flesh right off a guy".
    That and the "The military can't shoot enemies with the .50 cal, so they aim for 'equipment' like canteens and belt buckles" line are my two favorite .50 cal myths.
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Colt LE Carbine

Quote Originally Posted by AirmanAtwood View Post
    huh
    Sounds like a bone head thought the reason it was marked "Law Enforcement/Government Only" was the M4 profile barrel with the M203 cut out.

Page 48 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast