Page 50 of 408 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    Had to sell my WASR 10/63 w/ 5 mags a few weeks ago (bills + unemployment + waiting on commissioners court to tell the SO to re-open hiring = broke, lol)

No big deal, I got it fairly cheap before the election, picked up a couple mags and while it surely wasn't an Arsenal or Krebs figured I'd take it to a couple places and see what they'd say.

Went to the largest store in town. Indoor range, "thousands of guns in stock" type of place. The kid behind the counter offers me $250.

I laugh and say "You've got 3 over there for $500+, I think you can do a little better then that" He sits in a room for ~10 min, comes out and says "I can't get any more than $350 for it being it's used, $250 is as high as I can go. Besides extra mags dont bring shit on resale."

I asked him why they even sell new or used mags if they don't bring anything, and he says "cuz people want mags...there's no $$ to be made on magazine sales. We sell 'em at a loss"

I look behind me at the multi tiered lazy susan full of Tapco mags @ 25% above Tapco' price, get my gun and walk out.
    It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Emerson
    My boy Ducks fav quote - RIP brother

Feedback Score
    The following was at a recent show in eastern OK.

Guy claiming to build custom ARs showing me the trigger pull on one of his builds, told him "not bad, but I prefer a 2-stage and have installed them in all of my ARs" (Jewell in the match gun, WOA modified RRA in the others).

His response: "Oh, you like that creepy trigger feel?"

I'm thinking, WTF? There's take-up and the Jewell may have a slow lock time, but there's no creep in any of them.

Anyway, politely told him, "yeah, well, I cut my teeth in HP shooting an M1 and the vast majority of my rifles have 2-stage triggers, so it's just what I'm used to".

Which is pretty much the truth. I have nothing against someone who prefers a single-stage trigger, but a business owner telling a potential customer that their preferred trigger style is somehow inferior doesn't seem to be a good way to cultivate a business relationship. Maybe I could sell him all the single-stage trigger packs I have laying around...

Feedback Score
    Perhaps that's just how he felt the trigger be best described, and wasn't trying to do that at all?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by travistheone View Post
    When talking about the ever debatable shotgun defense round I was told "when I was at the Naval Academy I used my security clearance to see a classified type of shotgun that patterns birdshot in one hole at 25 yards"
    Problems with this:

1. He made it one semester into the Academy ( suspect they don't hand out clearances like that)
    2. What the hell is he talking about, sounds like he was quoting this thread.
    F-ing plebe year washout.........

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    That one got me laughing. No offense to any of you squids out there, but wtf would anyone at the Naval Academy know about small arms anyway?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    That one got me laughing. No offense to any of you squids out there, but wtf would anyone at the Naval Academy know about small arms anyway?
    Considering some graduates go off and become scuba ninjas, I'm sure some of them know a thing or two.
    "Ammo in the gun = Time in the fight." -Paul Gomez

Texas Gun Talk

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Yeah but until then they're pretty much just college kids, right?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Prior Service Mustangs

I am sure there are folks in every class with real prior service experience. These days some of them probably have combat experience too. Not sure they would have much of a security clearance.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Point taken, no disrespect was intended.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by st33ve0 View Post
    After looking at a couple of firearms in a store:

Me: Is that PLR16 a registered AOW?

Store owner: No

Me: Then why does it have a VFG on it...that's illegal.

Store owner: It's not gonna leave the store like that so it's ok

Me:

Next time I visited this same store:

Me: Nice 14.5 SBR, did you engrave the info on the tang under the pistol grip?

Store owner: nah, you don't need to engrave SBR's

Me:
    I'd tell that guy to get his shit together before the ATF walks in one day and he spends the rest of his life in prison....

Page 50 of 408 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast