Page 53 of 408 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll try to describe my personal favorite gun shop encounter here in Southern Missouri:

I walk into the store (about the size of a walk in closet and just as cluttered) and the owner immediately asks "What the hell do you want?". No big deal, 'cause I was warned this guy was abrasive.

I answer "I need an extended slide stop and a NY trigger spring for a Glock 17".

He then looks at me while pulling the parts out of the cash register, of all places, and asks "'You ever take the firing pin out of a Glock before?"

"Nope".

"Good, because they don't have a firing pin; they have strikers".

"Oh yeah?" I politely respond while digging the money out of my pocket.

"Yeah. I should know... I've been to Glock Armorer's school three times".

I smile and reply "What's the matter? The first two didn't take?".

The guy sitting in the corner nearly falls off his stool in silent laughter and the owner just stares at me for a minute, and then.... gives me a discount!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_fallguy View Post
    I'll try to describe my personal favorite gun shop encounter here in Southern Missouri:

I walk into the store (about the size of a walk in closet and just as cluttered) and the owner immediately asks "What the hell do you want?". No big deal, 'cause I was warned this guy was abrasive.

I answer "I need an extended slide stop and a NY trigger spring for a Glock 17".

He then looks at me while pulling the parts out of the cash register, of all places, and asks "'You ever take the firing pin out of a Glock before?"

"Nope".

"Good, because they don't have a firing pin; they have strikers".

"Oh yeah?" I politely respond while digging the money out of my pocket.

"Yeah. I should know... I've been to Glock Armorer's school three times".

I smile and reply "What's the matter? The first two didn't take?".

The guy sitting in the corner nearly falls off his stool in silent laughter and the owner just stares at me for a minute, and then.... gives me a discount!
    Maybe he just likes screwing with people. I dont know, but maybe he screws with with everybody that comes in there and you were the first to call him on it.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

If you can't get behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    At the Quantico Arms here in Oceanside, on two different occasions I asked the guys over the counter about M-16 BCGs. They say merely having the BCG is "constructive intent" for a CIII machine gun, so they won't sell it. I tell them everywhere I look online, including this site, there are no restrictions with a M-16 carrier. I also mentioned my DDM4 I purchased in this "glorious" state that has a M-16 carrier. They point out that LMT (they are a LMT distributor) does not sell M-16 carriers to civilians, as seen with my MRP upper I purchased directly from them earlier this year. Does LMT have a policy like this? Anyway they warned me of getting charged with a felony if caught having a "Class 3" M-16 carrier in my rifles. I didn't want to argue with them since I don't know all the facts myself.

If they are "illegal", then manufacturers shouldn't be selling them to civilians, right??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lawusmc0844 View Post
    At the Quantico Arms here in Oceanside, on two different occasions I asked the guys over the counter about M-16 BCGs. They say merely having the BCG is "constructive intent" for a CIII machine gun, so they won't sell it. I tell them everywhere I look online, including this site, there are no restrictions with a M-16 carrier. I also mentioned my DDM4 I purchased in this "glorious" state that has a M-16 carrier. They point out that LMT (they are a LMT distributor) does not sell M-16 carriers to civilians, as seen with my MRP upper I purchased directly from them earlier this year. Does LMT have a policy like this? Anyway they warned me of getting charged with a felony if caught having a "Class 3" M-16 carrier in my rifles. I didn't want to argue with them since I don't know all the facts myself.

If they are "illegal", then manufacturers shouldn't be selling them to civilians, right??

While the dealer is wrong, the statement I bolded is also incorrect. It is up to the buyer to be aware of any laws regarding ANY item, not just firearms related gear. For example, it is illegal to have your front windows tinted in California, but any shop will do it for you. It's a "buyer beware" situation. Quantico Arms is pretty bad, which is why I always went to Turners in San Marcos when I lived in California. Also, the FA BCG is so commonly referred to by gun shops as being illegal, I'm surprised BATFE hasn't just made them illegal to make the myth a reality
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."
    H.L. Mencken

"Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool, or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant; If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of Honor." -Omertà

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Selftest View Post
    While the dealer is wrong, the statement I bolded is also incorrect. It is up to the buyer to be aware of any laws regarding ANY item, not just firearms related gear. For example, it is illegal to have your front windows tinted in California, but any shop will do it for you. It's a "buyer beware" situation. Quantico Arms is pretty bad, which is why I always went to Turners in San Marcos when I lived in California. Also, the FA BCG is so commonly referred to by gun shops as being illegal, I'm surprised BATFE hasn't just made them illegal to make the myth a reality
    Uh oh. Must stock up lol

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I understand the "buyer beware" concept, but won't the companies get shit for making the "illegal" product "easily accessible"?
    Some of the guys who work at Quantico are good guys but can be douchebags too. The guy I talked to yesterday about the M-16 BCGs had his personal build on display and I asked him about the lack of staking on the receiver endplate. He tells me he used red loctite (Rock River, anyone?) and that I should do it too because "if you miss, you'll mess up the buffer tube"

Turners is a little more friendly but they're ammo tends to be more expensive than Walmart and they don't deal with ARs and tactical stuff unfortunately.

Feedback Score

you dont need hollow point

I walked into a shop looking for ammo the other day and asked

me: what do you have for .308

guy: were all out

me: (pointing to the .308 boxes behind him) what about those?

guy: those are hollow points, you dont need those.

me: I might, how much are they?

guy: trust me you dont need those.

me: oh, thanks.

walked out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Country DeVil View Post
    I walked into a shop looking for ammo the other day and asked

me: what do you have for .308

guy: were all out

me: (pointing to the .308 boxes behind him) what about those?

guy: those are hollow points, you dont need those.

me: I might, how much are they?

guy: trust me you dont need those.

me: oh, thanks.

walked out.
    That guy knows you better than you know yourself!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We had a guy walk in to a gun store and ask "yo man, you carry a holster for a 9 milliliter"

Feedback Score
    I guess in some places they name the cartridge based on case capacity?

Page 53 of 408 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast