Page 64 of 408 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    My gun store is ADCO.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Count me as one of the guys who shops at VA Arms so I have a pleasant shopping experience and don't have to put up with this sort of crap.
    +1, well worth the 45 minute drive for me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thirded.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey0118 View Post
    johnny morris has some stick up his ass about ... .
    You have no idea to the extent that stick goes. I would love to tell stories but, I would not want to get someone on trouble that works for him.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There's a small store right down the road from my work, owned and operated by one guy, and back during the buying craze he had a sign up behind the counter the read "we have Colt AR-15s in stock." Since he didn't have them out on the shelf I asked him what models they were, and he said, "it's just like this one but it says colt," as he pointed to a random Bushmaster on the rack next to him.

At the same store there was once a buddy of the owner telling a customer that he shouldn't buy a Glock because if you leave them sitting out in the sun or on the dashboard of your car they will melt.

I love going into that store purely for the entertainment value.
    Last edited by Captains1911; 02-05-10 at 19:34.

Feedback Score
    While looking at a Yugoslavian M70AB2 underfolder AKM, a salesman came to me and asked me if I was interested in buying it. I said that I would rather have the fixed stock M70AB1 and he said, "ah, that's no big deal. All you have to do is buy a wooden stock and bolt it on."

I didn't bother to mention the receiver would have a big honking hole in it where the underfolder mechanism fit, or that the rear trunion was solid on the underfolders and didn't have the flange to bolt the buttstock on.

The really funny thing is that after much searching, I ended up buying an underfolder similar to the one I was looking at while in that gunshop.
    Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my AR.

Feedback Score
    This one really takes the cake.

While shopping for some reloading components (large rifle primers to be specific) a salesman came up to me asking if I needed any help. I told him I was wanting some large rifle primers. They had sold out of what I was looking for and they picked up small rifle primers and said "why don't you get a box of these, they're all the same anyways."

I didn't buy any primers that day.
    Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my AR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not an expert, but enjoy chatting about firearms. The local sporting goods gun manager and I were bs'ing about ARs. I mentioned noveske, dd, bcm, etc... and he had a dumbfounded look on his face because he had never heard of them. He then replied, "well...we sell dpms because they are the best." I lost a little respect for this gentleman.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I picked up my SR-15 complete lower from the shop today. 2 minutes after I opened the box they said:

"You know we could have gotten you a Rock River lower for much cheaper"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
    I picked up my SR-15 complete lower from the shop today. 2 minutes after I opened the box they said:

"You know we could have gotten you a Rock River lower for much cheaper"
    That's a prime example of not knowing what they don't know. The funny part is they probably would have over-charged for the RRA lower, too...

Page 64 of 408 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast