Page 65 of 408 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Here's another gem.

I get an email from my Dad while I'm deployed asking about AR's. He tells me that there is a local gun shop selling a Bushmaster 16" carbine, EOTECH 512, no name rails and a faux suppressor for the low price of $3,800. When he asks about the make/model of the faux can, the samesman tells him "you can't have silencers in Maryland- they're highly illegal".

This establishment is fairly notorious in Maryland already for being EXTREMELY rude to customers and being EBR unfriendly.

When I came home on leave I squared him away with a Noveske N-4 carbine and Comp M-4 optic.
    Last edited by GermanSynergy; 02-06-10 at 14:19.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    One of my favorites, overheard while waiting on a lane for the range.

Guy #1 "This Smith & Wesson (Sigma) is a perfect copy of a Glock, and it's cheaper"

Guy #2 "How can a Smith & Wesson be a copy of a Glock? Glocks are new, Smith & Wesson has been around since the cowboys"

Guy #1 "Maybe I had it backwards. I do know that it doesn't hold as many bullets as a Glock, because Glock has a patent to make the highest capacity automatics in every caliber."

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
    I picked up my SR-15 complete lower from the shop today. 2 minutes after I opened the box they said:

"You know we could have gotten you a Rock River lower for much cheaper"
    Have you been following me around? That is pretty much the same conversation I had with the guys @ my local shop when picked up 2 complete lowers, one was a BCM the other was an LMT.

I've taken the time and energy to explain why my BCM & LMT are a better quality/choice than the Bushmaster's they typically suggest. When they rolled their eyes and gave me the "Dumbass Look" I walked around the shop and showed them better quality weapons they had in stock, the Colt and S&W carbines. I showed them staking on the Colt and S&W BCG's and buffer extensions then we looked @ a few Bushmaster and DPM weapons for comparison. I've also shared links to this site especially the chart. That started another debate when the owner said he gets frustrated with people who come in and reference the chart and ask for a 5.56 and or a 1/7 twist. I could go on and on. FA BC's was another debate. Oh well!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VHinch View Post
    One of my favorites, overheard while waiting on a lane for the range.

Guy #1 "This Smith & Wesson (Sigma) is a perfect copy of a Glock, and it's cheaper"

Guy #2 "How can a Smith & Wesson be a copy of a Glock? Glocks are new, Smith & Wesson has been around since the cowboys"

Guy #1 "Maybe I had it backwards. I do know that it doesn't hold as many bullets as a Glock, because Glock has a patent to make the highest capacity automatics in every caliber."
    What did you say to that? I would have LOL followed by a "are you kidding me"?

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    An employee at the range I go to:

"The only reason Rob Leatham can shoot that good is because they have like 1/2 lbs trigger pulls. Besides that they shoot the same range set up time after time, it's all the same. If you had his gun you would shoot just the same..."

It went on like that how the top guys (Leatham, Miculeck, etc.) really "suck" because they have special guns and could never shoot well with anything else.
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    debate when the owner said he gets frustrated with people who come in and reference the chart and ask for a 5.56 and or a 1/7 twist. I could go on and on. FA BC's was another debate. Oh well!
    The Chart has caused much wailing, gnashing of teeth, and baby kicking in ranges, manufacturers, and gun shops. This is as it should be.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Duplicate post!
    Last edited by usmcvet; 02-06-10 at 23:16.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I did not have the facts when I bought my Bushmaster. Knowing the facts and having the information and still making that decision would be stupid. Knowledge can be powerful! I was also victim of the "mil-spec" advertising. I will say (in 1997) my LE XM-15 looked a lot more "mil-spec" to me than the Colt (1993) sporter with the cut of bayonet lug removed, the cage around the mag release removed and the big double screw instead of a front take down pin! I'm still pissed @ Colt for that and will not buy their guns. I know they are quality but so are my rifles from BCM & LMT.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This thread reminds me I need to go visit one of my dreaded local shops soon I think I'm going to have to start a rumor about a polymer BCG I saw at SHOT. Reduces felt recoil and tilt due to it's reduced weight or something.

edit: would having a QD socket be going too far?
    Last edited by Mat; 02-07-10 at 02:20.

Feedback Score
    My story has something to more to do with the actions of the inept customers rather than conversations overheard. So I was visiting my local gun store/indoor range that I regularly visit to pick up a transfer. It happened to be a busy night with about 4 people at the firing line and three in the store. Then while filling out the regular paperwork a group of about six guys walk in with only one guy carrying a range bag. I glanced over to the front door and thought to myself that’s a lot of people just to shoot one maybe two guns and I knew by the looks of these guys that they were probably a little green to the whole shooting thing. So, they proceed to sign in and rent all of the necessary safety equipment—eyes and ears. Now this range is a small indoor range, only about 45 feet in range length while the store up front is about 600-800 square feet in itself. Well they also have strict rules in proceeding into the sealed (sound proof) range area in that when you are entering the small “buffer” room (the room in between the store up front and the range in the back) you were only supposed to open one door at a time. They had signs everywhere you looked stating this rule, I mean it is the first and last thing you see while in the store. Well by the time all six or so of these guys were ready to go in the guy helping me with the transfer was calling in the standard background check. All of a sudden, “BAM!!!!!!!!” Everyone in the front of the store jumped and winced at the blast which was 2 employees and about 3 customers. Well it turns out that all these retards proceeded to go through the buffer room with both doors open leaving all of the people up front including me exposed to those loud noises that most guns make. Let me just say that there was a ton of yelling and ear rape coming from the mostly full time LEO and retired MIL store employees, LOL! I couldn’t help myself to smirk at the outgoing butt-rape that these retards got.
    Last edited by John Bonham; 02-07-10 at 05:19.

Page 65 of 408 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast