Page 73 of 408 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Had a good one today.

Was hanging out at the only local gunstore worth a damn and BSing with everybody.

So, this guy comes in. I'd say he's in his 20s, skinny, had a methhead look to him. He's got a Bersa .380 in a plastic grocery bag with a couple of mags, wants to see if he can sell it or trade it in and upgrade to something else.

So, to make a long story short, the guy hands the pistol to the owner and while the owner is looking for it, the guy steps back to take a phone call.

Apparently, the guy is looking for work or something, but EVERYBODY heard "Yes sir, it was simple possession" come out of the guy's mouth. Deal's off at that point, of course, and everybody else starts slowly reaching for their concealed weapons. I, being gunless, pick up a one piece Dewey steel cleaning rod.

We made damn sure the guy left pronto...I can say that the FFL dealer handled it a lot more diplomatically than I would have if I had been on the other side of the counter.
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger29 View Post
    I, being gunless, pick up a one piece Dewey steel cleaning rod.
    this is one of the best sentences i've read in a while.

but why the hell were you gunless? that should never happen
    Last edited by bkb0000; 03-17-10 at 23:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    this is one of the best sentences i've read in a while.

but why the hell were you gunless? that should never happen
    Just left college campus, didn't have secure storage in the car that day to keep a handgun in...
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Just left college campus, didn't have secure storage in the car that day to keep a handgun in...
    ah. there's no legislative prohibition against packing on campus here in Oregon, and i always do.. but even if that wasn't so, i still would.

just sayin', as they say.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gotta keep this thing rolling

It wasnt at a gunstore, it was actually at my highschool Now I know gun magazines/gun talk at school is synonomous with a red flag, but you have to understand where I live. Southern Indiana, my school is literally in the middle of several corn and bean feilds. So needless to say, I could probably talk about guns till the cows came home and nobody would care.

Anyway, I was sitting in last period chem class a few weeks ago, quietly reading a gun magazine and this kid moves over and starts talking about guns. I normally keep to myself because Ive yet to meet a person that doesnt beleive m16's shoot tumbling bullets, however, Im new here and its nice to have someone to talk to about guns every once in a while. So I ask him if he's into guns or not. (First mistake, Im going back to my old keep to your self policy) He then responds with:

"Yeah Im big in to guns, I know all about em. My dad owns a gunstore"

Im thinking ok, so we talk a little bit on and off and he asks me what kinds of guns I have. I dont give that information out to a lot of people. For some reason a kid with a scary black rifle is bad.... So I tell him Ive got a few bolt actions, some old WWII rifles and a couple of sporter type rifles I in turn ask him what kinds of guns he likes to shoot because most kids in the area are duck hunters and not really into target type stuff. He says they've got all kinds, remingtons winchesters you name it and then goes on to say how the new 887 shotgun is a beast At this point im not really sure if hes a elmer fudd my daddy said so kinda guys or just didnt know a whole lot. The rest went like this:

Me - "Yeah Im trying to scrap enough to get a nightforce scope on my new bolt gun"

Him - "What size scope?"

Me - "3.5-15 with 30mm tube"

Him - "Theres no such thing as a 30mm tube, only one inch and besides, even if they made a 30mm, you'd get way more light with a 50mm than a 30mm"

Me - "I do beleive there is, most high power scopes that I know of use them. Theres tons of scopes with 30mm tubes."

Him - "Nope, beleive me, my dad owns a gun shop, we'd have em in if there were any"

Me - "Yeah, have a good one."

It really sucks to almost find somebody competent enough to have a decent conversation about "powder driven paper hole punches". Unfortunately I have been to quite a few schools moving around and Ive yet to find any.......

P.S, powder driven paper hole punches is a quote from somebody on here, I just forget who, its not my own creation.
    Last edited by dmanflynn; 03-23-10 at 00:45. Reason: Used a qoute of somebody elses
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

If you can't get behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them

Feedback Score
    Had a good one today.

Was hanging out at the only local gunstore worth a damn and BSing with everybody.

So, this guy comes in. I'd say he's in his 20s, skinny, had a methhead look to him. He's got a Bersa .380 in a plastic grocery bag with a couple of mags, wants to see if he can sell it or trade it in and upgrade to something else.

So, to make a long story short, the guy hands the pistol to the owner and while the owner is looking for it, the guy steps back to take a phone call.

Apparently, the guy is looking for work or something, but EVERYBODY heard "Yes sir, it was simple possession" come out of the guy's mouth. Deal's off at that point, of course, and everybody else starts slowly reaching for their concealed weapons. I, being gunless, pick up a one piece Dewey steel cleaning rod.

We made damn sure the guy left pronto...I can say that the FFL dealer handled it a lot more diplomatically than I would have if I had been on the other side of the counter.
    So in your area being busted for having a joint is reason to go all code red and reach for your concealed weapon? Damn I wonder what would have happened if he had said he beat his wife. Air Strike?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    So in your area being busted for having a joint is reason to go all code red and reach for your concealed weapon? Damn I wonder what would have happened if he had said he beat his wife. Air Strike?
    Hahahahaha the Cia Drones would come down and vaporize the poor soul

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    You said it first, I was a bit curious about that myself. They should tie him to a fence post at the edge of town as a warning!
    Last edited by Mac5.56; 03-23-10 at 11:04.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmanus View Post
    You said it first, I was a bit curious about that myself. They should tie him to a fence post at the edge of town as a warning!
    Geeesh dmcmanus... you really are from Wyoming!

(sorry, that was horrible)
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    Not something I heard, as much as I oversaw.

A black guy in the complete stereotype, wife beater, sagging pants, gold chains, sun glasses was at Gander Mountain a year or so ago when a friend and I were in there checking out their surplus rifles. He was asking to see the big gold and chrome plated deagles. We got a good kick out of that. He was even holding them sideways!
    Last edited by Trajan; 03-23-10 at 11:14.

Page 73 of 408 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast