Page 78 of 408 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    wow that video is absolutely hilarious.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It does not get any better than that dude!!!!!
    Is this for real? shoot high or low, honest mistake, but wide left?
    "Oh, its a wonderful day! My sun is shining, my birds are chirping, my humongous chicken defeated Elmo." Huxley

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotguyo540 View Post
    at that range, too.. he couldn't have been farther than 50, probably closer to 25.

my guess is his sights/optic was in very serious need of zeroing. maybe he whacked something crawling up the ladder... there's just no way somebody can miss that bad, 3 times, even with shaky buck-fever hands.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotguyo540 View Post
    I think it more impressive that the deer didn't scoot after the first shot. That and the fact that he was suprised he missed. If this is real, it looks to be somebody either shooting out of a truck or delibrately setting up shop on a road Thats not hunting......

And while it's again not in a gun store I was watching self proclaimed experts on the history channel the other night say the 7.62x39 was designed to shoot through tanks...... Sounds like a myth that started in a gunstore though
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

If you can't get behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    probably closer to 25.
    thats what i was guessing too. that deer deserved to die just for freezing up....ok, back on topic....i had a fella tell me that the .44 mag was STILL the most powerful handgun based on results in the field?????
    Last edited by woody d; 03-25-10 at 13:35.
    "I can make you feel, but i cant make you think"- Ian Anderson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by landrvrnut22 View Post
    Ha, hilarious! I especially liked the defeated sounding "gosh" at the very end.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a friend that works at one large sporting goods store here, and he used to have a gun store museum of his own, is very knowledgeable in weapons. Well he came into another gun shop in town here, and has a few on consignment there, and starts taking to us. He is part Korean I think, and he says he was working at the other store, dressed in store uniform and all, when some guy walks up to him holding a box of ammo out in front of himself as to show it to "J", and he looks up at "J" and starts to ask him to "Read" where it is made on the box, and stops abruptly and says, "Oh never mind you can't read this"! Then turns to the other guy behind the counter as proceeds to ask him what is says as to where it was made. At first "J" being the "Clown" that he can be assumes the guy has met him and is screwing with him, but soon discovers he was sincere. "J" said he wanted to tell him to never come back, but they got a good laugh out of his ignorance, but said if he comes back, they would hesitate to sell him a gun.
    So now you know what I say to him every time I see him at work!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by landrvrnut22 View Post
    That vid made my day.

Doc Williams
    U.S. Army Combat Medic/Flight Medic Retired
    1987 - 2013
    Flight Medic Class 4-95

http://www.dustoff.org/

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I heard a guy today at a gun show complaining about the tie wraps on all the guns.
    "They put one through my gun so I can't even put the magazine in it. What liberal came up with that idea? It's not like anyone would pull out a gun and try to rob us, there's guns everywhere! "

I wanted to explain to him that the tie wraps are to prevent idiots from bringing in "empty" guns and then putting a round through the ceiling...or worse.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo2304 View Post
    I heard a guy today at a gun show complaining about the tie wraps on all the guns.
    "They put one through my gun so I can't even put the magazine in it. What liberal came up with that idea? It's not like anyone would pull out a gun and try to rob us, there's guns everywhere! "

I wanted to explain to him that the tie wraps are to prevent idiots from bringing in "empty" guns and then putting a round through the ceiling...or worse.
    See the recent thread on the AD that just occurred in Colorado. It is a twice a year sort of thing.

Page 78 of 408 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast