Page 82 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Picking up my new Tactical Solutions 10/22 rig yesterday......salesman was recommending a snub nose lightweight 357 to a small female. Maybe 5'2 and 110lbs. Good luck with that, and I doubt she shoots more than a box of ammo through it....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Picking up my new Tactical Solutions 10/22 rig yesterday......salesman was recommending a snub nose lightweight 357 to a small female. Maybe 5'2 and 110lbs. Good luck with that, and I doubt she shoots more than a box of ammo through it....
    If she gets it just right, the recoil will actually blow her back further away from her assailant, making a getaway easier! Shoot N' Scoot!
    "Doc, can you check out this thing I got?"
    -Every Marine, ever.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    I could see if it were a .357 but he advocated shooting .38s out of it. IMO, .357 out of a small snubbie is a bit of a waste of power and an excess of noise, flash and pain. If you're a masochist, go for it!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    "A guy working the counter at Bass Pro said Smith and Wesson handguns ..."

This is why I have bought the last three of four handguns direct from the manufacturer and I thank a higher non-denominational being everyday for that priviledge.

Feedback Score
    I asked the guy behind the counter if he had any federal in 20 round boxes.....He told me " No they dont make them in 20 round boxes because this is military ammo"
    I said OKAY.....Then asked how much for remington UMC...." 34 dollars a box....expensive because they are hollow point and this is really good stuff"
    Left the store after that

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tampam4 View Post
    PM sent.
    Oh come on, share the hillarity already...so I can avoid that shop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Norinco_Luv View Post
    The gun was a Hi-Point 9mm.
    If it shoots 9mm, it's a Glock. End of discussion.

You must not know whom I is!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HES View Post
    Oh come on, share the hillarity already...so I can avoid that shop.
    done! check inbox
    "Doc, can you check out this thing I got?"
    -Every Marine, ever.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by l3mon View Post
    yeah but the store probably gets more money back on S&W's then H&K's so it makes more sense for them to sell the Smith's
    .. that how we did it at discount tire.. "oh these kumhos are great" cause we make $50 on a $80 tire!
    Especially true of certain folks selling the Springfield XD line.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

laws and such

Not really a dumb thing overheard but more of a law designed to create criminals where there were none.

I got to an in-door range in Goshen NY to check it out. I have a nice conversation with the counterman/manager/only one there. He seems pretty knowledgeable and best I can tell has been in the business for quite some time.

So after about 15 min I buy a box of .357 sig and take a card so I can "come back some time" to use the range.

He, knowing I'm from NJ, immediately says "We can't let you shoot here 'cause you're from NJ!"

So I ask why.

He says "If you cross state lines with a gun in the car you're breaking the law and the cops will arrest you!"

It went back and forth like that for a bit but in the end all I could say is "OK" and leave without any real answer.

I went to the NRA website and found this:

"NEW YORK--The transportation of handguns is prohibited except by a resident with a license to carry.

A member or coach of an accredited college or university target pistol team may transport a handgun into or through New York to participate in a collegiate, Olympic or target pistol shooting competition provided that the handgun is unloaded and carried in a separate locked container.

Nonresident target shooters may enter or pass through New York State with handguns for purposes of any NRA-approved competition if the competitor has in his possession a copy of the match program, proof of entry and a pistol license or firearms registration card from his state of residence. The handgun must be unloaded and transported in a fully opaque container.

New York State has strict laws governing illegal possession of handguns which can result in a possible seven-year jail sentence for offenders. "

I swear some laws are written to create criminal activity where there was none.

In the end I'm glad I do pre-checks on prospective ranges, Live and learn.

Page 82 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast