Page 84 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    "MSAR going out of business, probably restarting under a new name"

explaining why they were blowing out the MSAR-E4 units they had remaining.
    Dan Miami, FL

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I usually dont even bother going to most of the gun shops around town now, only one in particular as they are a good group of guys who tell me once i sell my bushy and get an LMT, i can sit at the cool kids table.

That being said, I was at the shop/range I used to frequent and was waiting for the CCW class to start...some fat, high and tight haircut lesbian wanted her first gun, she settled on a Glock 19, while looking at the gun she asked the salesdude, "How fast can i make the things go out of the gun?" I had to walk away, making a mental note to not be anywhere near her during our "qualifying" shots. Sadly, even though this shop is about 5 min from my house and I have bought a shit ton of stuff from them, I dont even bother going there...they just seem to not be interested in taking my money..Ive purchased my Springer loaded 1911, eotech, surefire, etc....oh well.

My other stupid range moment came after I emptied my last mag out of the above mentiond 1911, some guy asked what kind of Glock I was shooting.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing lunch, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by obucina View Post
    My other stupid range moment came after I emptied my last mag out of the above mentiond 1911, some guy asked what kind of Glock I was shooting.
    Me and my mouth would have replied without blinking an eye," Its the new prototype 1911 Master Glock. Stand clear, It's still in R&D"! Any more questions, and the B S would have kept rolling.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
    Me and my mouth would have replied without blinking an eye," Its the new prototype 1911 Master Glock. Stand clear, It's still in R&D"! Any more questions, and the B S would have kept rolling.

yes, yes...it was very tempting..but dumb people, smartass comments, and guns aint good!
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing lunch, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.

Feedback Score
    The absolute DUMBEST thing any of us will ever hear in a Gun Shop:

"Oh, it's OK, it's not loaded."
    Cheap-Fast-Good
    Pick any two.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
    Sounds familiar.

Guy was asking about a Colt-"You dont want a Colt,you're just paying for the name.DPMS is top of the line,thats what all the SpecOp types are using".

I dont own a Colt(dont plan to)but...

Im pretty sure if it had been a Bushmaster,RRA,etc on the wall he would have said the same about it.

Maybe the dumbest though,was during the "AWB"...

I was standing at the counter when another customer a few feet away made some comment about the ban on "hi-cap" mags.The owner working behind the counter says "I dont think anyone should have more than 10 rounds anyway".I gave him a funny look and glance to my right to see two other guys giving him a similiar look.We all immediately walked out...i doubt the others ever returned either.

I tried to look the place up to see if it was still arround for an "anti-gun gunshops" thread awhile back.I found what i thought may be the same guy,but in a different location(same town,Milan OH),but i couldnt be sure.

They may have went out of business.:

I learned to shoot from Jeff Mishoes of Venice arms in Miami, OHio. Its long since closed however, i remember a guy that would hang around there talk about how scared he was that ohio was going to pass the ccw law because of all the random shootings that would happen in traffic

Here in New Jersey, we have a 15 round limit. The guy at the gunstore (ray's sport shop in plainfield) didn't even realize (this was still during the AWB) that the rest of the country had a ten round magazine limit He thought i was full of it when I told him so!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sandman99and9 View Post
    I took my father in law to the range today. He had just bought a used Lorcin??
    in .380 That piece of shit hung up the slide with empty brass every 2-3 shots !! Had several FTF also.
    At 15 yds I had trouble just keeping it on the paper and it was not much better at 10yds. I told him to throw it at the bad guys and while they try to use it run like hell

Hahahha......just reading this for the first time!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Stop by a little gun shop to see what they had new in AR's. They're known for Oly quality rifles and generally add 20% to the MSRP and then blow smoke telling you how great it is. They so arrogant and yet stupid at the same time it is hilarious.

I noticed an out of place looking Daniel Defense DDM4 and asked to look at it. They kept their percentages up by asking $1900 for a $1500 gun but I politely said that it was a nice rifle (and it was). The clerk tells me, "This is a piston gun!"

I asked him if he said it was a piston gun. He looked at me like I was some kind of idiot and then he tapped and pointed several times at the Forward Assist and said, "Right there, that right there makes it a piston gun!"

I felt sorry for him and left.
    Last edited by ucrt; 04-20-10 at 01:03.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    "you dont want anything below a .40. Police tell me that 9mms are bouncing right off people nowadays."

Customer: what handgun do you have?
    Me: Sig P220
    Customer: Psshh. I carry a better gun than that and it cost way less.
    Me: Oh? What is that?
    Customer: Smith and Wesson Sigma .40.
    Me: Oh. Ok......
    Personal security provided by: Sig Sauer, S&W, Ruger, and Daniel Defense

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Before the Magpul class earlier this month, I went into a local shop in the hopes they had a Broken Shell Extractor in case I happened to need one during the class. Here's how it went...

Me: Hey, do you happen to have a Broken Shell Extractor for a 5.56?
    Emp: A what?
    Me: A Broken Shell Extractor
    Emp: You need a broken one? We don't sell broken stuff.

I seriously had to refrain from picking up something heavy to Hulk smash him with.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Page 84 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast