Page 92 of 408 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    You love your XD but you haven't gotten to shoot it yet?

That's a statement that CLEARLY belongs in this thread.
    The love for the weapon had more to do with handling it, drawing it, dry firing it with snap caps. I like the feel of the pistol. I have since that post gotten to shoot it and do indeed love the pistol. As for it belonging here yeah it wasn't the best thing to say but I am pretty sure that people can love a firearm that they have't fired. Now maybe I would have bought a different pistol had I researched a little more on certain areas but I feel it was an ok purchase.
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    I went with a friend this AM to purchase her first pistol, a Glock 17 Gen 3. While she was filling out the paperwork, I asked the clerk what he thought of the M&P series.

Him- "Those things break all the time. You can't shoot 300 rounds without the gun overheating and breaking."

Me- "Really?"

Him- "Yea- plus S&W has horrible customer service, and a replacement guide rod costs $80."

At this point I just stopped talking and waited for my friend to wrap up her paperwork and pay for the handgun. I didn't feel like arguing with an idiot, or make her first firearms purchase an awkward or unpleasant experience.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post

Him- "Those things break all the time. You can't shoot 300 rounds without the gun overheating and breaking."

Me- "Really?"

Him- "Yea- plus S&W has horrible customer service, and a replacement guide rod costs $80."
    haven't you heard about all the problems??? There is an entire multi-page thread about them on M4C
    "Doc, can you check out this thing I got?"
    -Every Marine, ever.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tampam4 View Post
    haven't you heard about all the problems??? There is an entire multi-page thread about them on M4C
    I commonly shoot 300-500 rounds per range session, and if my M&P wasn't up to snuff I'd have no issues addressing it. So far it has been flawless.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    I commonly shoot 300-500 rounds per range session, and if my M&P wasn't up to snuff I'd have no issues addressing it. So far it has been flawless.
    Heard many awesome things about it, and very few bad things.
    My last post didn't carry over my sarcastic voice inflection the way I had planned
    "Doc, can you check out this thing I got?"
    -Every Marine, ever.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would be curious to know exactly what sort of symptoms one sees when an M&P "overheats"...well, other than getting the crap burned out of you when you've put more than 400 rounds through the gun in about an hour.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    I would be curious to know exactly what sort of symptoms one sees when an M&P "overheats"...well, other than getting the crap burned out of you when you've put more than 400 rounds through the gun in about an hour.
    the problem occurs about 30 seconds after reholstering into your leather IWB.

Feedback Score
    Not at a gunshop, but at a gunshow I overheard someone asking a dealer about particular calibers and his preference. I believe the young man was looking at some Glocks and wasn't sure if he wanted a 9mm or a .40 etc...

Anyways, the dealer just said to the young man, "Son, it doesn't really matter, they all put holes in stuff." Anything to sell your wares right?

I just moved along to the next set of tables.
    Last edited by Jeremy Wills; 05-23-10 at 01:09.
    The click clack of a 12 gauge shotgun being racked is a pretty universal sound, even for the masses. If a burgalar doesn't understand that sound, he has no business bothering me at 3 am in the morning.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Wills View Post
    Not at a gunshop, but at a gunshow I overheard someone asking a dealer about particular calibers and his preference. I believe the young man was looking at some Glocks and wasn't sure if he wanted a 9mm or a .40 etc...

Anyways, the dealer just said to the young man, "Son, it doesn't really matter, they all put holes in stuff." Anything to sell your wares right?

I just moved along to the next set of tables.
    the dealer was over simplifying it, but is essentially correct. 9mm, 40, 45... they all put pretty much the same hole through stuff.
    doesn't sound like a tactic to sell wares- it sounds like an honest opinion to me. but i wasn't there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Wills View Post
    Anyways, the dealer just said to the young man, "Son, it doesn't really matter, they all put holes in stuff."
    That's actually kind of refreshing to hear in a gunshop.

It leaves out a couple of caveats, and is a bit simplistic, but it's actually accurate.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 92 of 408 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast