Page 93 of 408 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    I completely agree. All rounds will put holes in stuff. A .17 hmr wouldn't be my first choice in a self defense tool but it sure as hell beats no gun in hand in a bad situation.

The young man was asking a legitimate question about a potential purchase in a self defense tool and the guy just answered him a very sarcastic tone. It shouldn't be like that.

In re reading my initial posting I should have worded this guy was asking about preference in self defense, not just preference in general as I made it sound. My apologies.
    Last edited by Jeremy Wills; 05-23-10 at 01:41.
    The click clack of a 12 gauge shotgun being racked is a pretty universal sound, even for the masses. If a burgalar doesn't understand that sound, he has no business bothering me at 3 am in the morning.

Feedback Score
    Now I'm going to prove I'm dumb, because I always thought that the SAAMI .223 spec called for a smaller leade (gap between end of case and start of rifling) than NATO 5.56.

Smaller leade = more pressure build up, which is why we were told never to run loads designed for 5.56 in a .223 but we could run .223 in a 5.56.

Sounds convincing to me, but I don't really know the technical background or experience of the person who told me.

The dumbest thing I've heard recently is that .303 British is "special order only, hardly anyone shoots it". This guy followed up by saying that the Lee Enfield No.4 was a 50-yard plinking rifle, nothing more

Feedback Score
    ''To be a real man, you gotta shoot a .45...''

On my way out of a gas station in California a few years ago.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post

That is really stupid, considering you can't shoot a 45......You deploy a 45.

Feedback Score
    Went to an indoor range in Dover, DE in December when I was visiting my mom for the Holidays. I didn't see the sign that said "No Loaded Firearms" until I was at the counter. In OH, they don't care if you carry concealed in any range or gun store I have visited (INCLUDING Bass Pro Shops). I wasn't used to this rule, but I let the woman checking firearms in know that it was loaded. She pulled my Kimber out of the bag and did a press check..."OH MY GOD, THERE'S ONE IN THE CHAMBER!!!!!!!" I said, "Ma'am, I said it was loaded and that I didn't see the sign until I was at the counter...release the mag...Ok, now you can unload the chamber" I was scolded by the manager, he wanted to know if I was LE or had a permit. I do have my CCW, I was just really surprised that they'd have someone that didn't know how to handle a handgun handling handguns.
    NRA Life Member
    USCCA Member

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I was in a local store a couple of weeks ago checking out a KAC SR-15 and there was a couple in there buying a Mossberg 590 (IIRC). I overheard enough to know that their home had been robbed but I don't know if they were at home or not when the robbery occurred. Anyway what I did hear was him explaining to his wife that with this shotgun all you would have to do is this - and he proceeded to cycle the pump - and that sound would be enough to scare anyone away. The gun wouldn't even need to be loaded. He went on to say that if you actually had to shoot anyone with it then all you would have to do is point it in the general direction and open fire and you couldn't miss. This was when my wife looked at me and rolled her eyes.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tampam4 View Post
    Heard many awesome things about it, and very few bad things.
    My last post didn't carry over my sarcastic voice inflection the way I had planned
    I wasn't doubting you, bro. I got the joke.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)

Well, I guess all of the servicemembers and LEOs that have planted bad guys using handgun calibers other than .45 aren't "real" men...

I hear this crap all of the time (I'm not directing this at you, Magic_Salad0892)
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ''To be a real man, you gotta shoot a .45...'' On my way out of a gas station in California a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    Well, I guess all of the servicemembers and LEOs that have planted bad guys using handgun calibers other than .45 aren't "real" men...
    Especially dumb when you consider the characteristics of the recoil impulse of the 45ACP, esp as compared to something like the 357 SIG.
    Last edited by ST911; 05-24-10 at 21:00.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman99and9 View Post

P.S. You will love his nuts with the slap chop
    i woke my 5 kids and wife up laughing so friggin loud

Page 93 of 408 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast