Page 94 of 408 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Especially dumb when you consider the characteristics of the recoil impulse of the 45ACP, esp as compared to something like the 357 SIG.
    Yeah. I went from .40 S&W to .45 ACP because the recoil was gentler. Little did I know it was really because of my innate manliness.

Feedback Score
    24 (96%)
    Our instructor in my CCW class told us to never use a single action only pistol for self defense because "pulling the hammer back on a single action means premeditated murder"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnoe82 View Post
    Our instructor in my CCW class told us to never use a single action only pistol for self defense because "pulling the hammer back on a single action means premeditated murder"
    thats pretty dumb, alright. ours told us not to use reloads or anything "more powerful" than what the local police were using at the time- the old hydrashoks- because it might make the difference between whether a prosecutor decided to prosecute you for a crime. he also told us that if someone was breaking into our homes to not only "wait" until they were inside, but until they displayed a weapon, to shoot them. and he was a deputy sheriff, for his day job.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been going to gun shops and gun shows for like 30+ years, I wouldn't know where to begin.

Awhile back I was at the local gun show, hot chick caught my attention, then I noted she was with a douche of a boy friend. He was trying to talk her into a .45 since it had more stopping power or whatever, and he's trying to get her to buy one of the mini Taurus .45s as well.
    While talking about how great the .45 was he at one point pulled a round out of a box of .45 Colt and showed it to her, stating that was the round for the pistol and "Look at this, it'll do some damage".

Not being able to stand it any longer I pointed out he had the wrong ammo, while he looked at me like I was growing a hown out of my forhead I then made eye contact with the chick and told her that her boyfriend was an idiot who would get her hurt if she listened to him.
    Dude was speechless.

Feedback Score

Uggg

Went into the gun shop and was checking out the lovely black rifle offering when a friendly "former" Special Forces type offered up some sage advice. Said that Bushmaster was the most dangerous rifle ever produced. In fact they are so much more accurate and deadly than what was issued to his unit, that he broke his down and hid it in his bag to take to Iraq with him and ditched his M4 for the Bushy. He went on to say that international law prohibits the use of Bushmaster's in combat because they give such an edge to the shooter. I didn't have the patience to ask him how he got away with using his. Probably would have gotten another mind numbingly dumb response.

2nd dumbest thing I saw was a guy stick a 30rd mag into a 10/22 completely backwards at the range. I don't mean upside down, but completely backwards. Somehow he had managed to get the thing so stuck up inside there it took two of us twisting and pulling to get it to pop out. His only response was "I though it didn't matter which direction I put it in". Brilliant!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Went into the gun shop and was checking out the lovely black rifle offering when a friendly "former" Special Forces type offered up some sage advice. Said that Bushmaster was the most dangerous rifle ever produced. In fact they are so much more accurate and deadly than what was issued to his unit, that he broke his down and hid it in his bag to take to Iraq with him and ditched his M4 for the Bushy. He went on to say that international law prohibits the use of Bushmaster's in combat because they give such an edge to the shooter. I didn't have the patience to ask him how he got away with using his. Probably would have gotten another mind numbingly dumb response.

Now I know why the Russians torched those Bushhamsters in Georgia...they were so dangerous the Russians were terrified of them!
    I'm no expert, but I took my CCW course at a Holiday Inn Express

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mnoe82 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    thats pretty dumb, alright. ours told us not to use reloads or anything "more powerful" than what the local police were using at the time- the old hydrashoks- because it might make the difference between whether a prosecutor decided to prosecute you for a crime.
    As sad/stupid as it sounds, I've read of cases of prosecution of people in legitimate self defense cases for both of these reasons. The use of a 'hair trigger' or 'extremely lethal ammo' clearly indicated predetermined intent to kill according to the prosecuting DAs.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    Single action, double action, FMJ, JHP...

If you come into my house with a gun, I'm going to assume you're threatening me with said firearm, and you will be shot, until you are down. Dead or not.

Attorneys prosecuting for that kind of thing is bullshit.

And by the way 120mm.

Yes. We can all sense your innate manliness. Aren't you a 1911 guy?

You scare us Glock wielders.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Single action, double action, FMJ, JHP...

If you come into my house with a gun, I'm going to assume you're threatening me with said firearm, and you will be shot, until you are down. Dead or not.

Attorneys prosecuting for that kind of thing is bullshit.

And by the way 120mm.

Yes. We can all sense your innate manliness. Aren't you a 1911 guy?

You scare us Glock wielders.
    I agree 100%.
    Last edited by SteveL; 05-25-10 at 15:32.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CougarBlue View Post
    Wow.... This is why I tend to avoid 99% of gun stores out there.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Page 94 of 408 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast