Page 96 of 408 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    As sad/stupid as it sounds, I've read of cases of prosecution of people in legitimate self defense cases for both of these reasons. The use of a 'hair trigger' or 'extremely lethal ammo' clearly indicated predetermined intent to kill according to the prosecuting DAs.
    Another case of Gun store/CCW Class/Gun Show/Bubba/ Past down undocumented Horse Shit.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vaglocker View Post
    Sorry but this is a bit of a pet peave of mine. Please provide documentation or a link of where you "read" this. I've not found one person who can give actual documentation of a justified self defense shooting that got jacked up because of the ammo the person used.
    Agreed.

Let's extrapolate even further off the deep end by saying purchasing a firearm denotes premeditation. How about the mere thought of purchasing a firearm denotes premeditation. Pistol or Carbine class? You are learning to be a trained killer! Thank God we are judged by (hopefully) a jury of our peers with common sense, as opposed to some dick head lawyer.
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 08-03-10 at 09:11.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Went to Gander Mt the other night and was assailed by the Fudd at the gun counter while I was trying to look at over-priced 9mm ammunition on the other side. He doesn't recommend Glocks because they have no safety. On a more positive note, though, Beretta PX4's have apparently been performing so well overseas in the GWOT that the military is putting in more orders for them.
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt LE6920 View Post
    Went to Gander Mt the other night and was assailed by the Fudd at the gun counter while I was trying to look at over-priced 9mm ammunition on the other side. He doesn't recommend Glocks because they have no safety. On a more positive note, though, Beretta PX4's have apparently been performing so well overseas in the GWOT that the military is putting in more orders for them.
    This is why I hate going to gun stores (with the exception of VA Arms) ......
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I had a chance today to buy some 9mm ammunition that is capable of penetrating vehicle bodies and severing human limbs on impact Oh, well... maybe next payday.
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post

On topic: Had someone tell me at an indoor range they dont want me to use any ammo I brought with me for .22lr AR in case I decided to "reload a hot round that will penetrate their backstop"...
    Were the initials for this indoor range, "A.A.?"
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    Here's more for your mental image of this guy... He ate lunch at a Chinese food joint where, unfortunately, the rest of us had also decided to eat. He bowed to the waitress when she seated him and made a big show of requesting chopsticks to eat his food. You know, 'cause you have to respect the Asian culture at the $7 lunch buffet and all...
    Lemmee guess - her English was BETTER than his!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gander Mtn, and Cabelea's are pretty much Fudd central..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I've kind of written off Cabela's. It's more expensive than any of the smaller gun shops in the area and it generally has DPMS-quality stuff. Anyplace with that many motorhomes out front should be an indicator.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Chuck Norris brand 9mm?

I had a chance today to buy some 9mm ammunition that is capable of penetrating vehicle bodies and severing human limbs on impact Oh, well... maybe next payday.
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Page 96 of 408 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast