Page 99 of 408 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    ^^^ I don't know how the hell people can just make up shit like that with a straight face.

Believing your own lies, that's one hell of a mind trick.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not in a gun shop but in the same vein, a high school classmate told me he had hired on with the Florida Highway Patrol. I asked him about his shoulder length hair. He told me that they made a special exception for him.

A co-worker was a SEAL. Hey, maybe he was, what the heck do I know? He bought a boat. He went to the Power Squadron course to learn to run it. But wait, didn't I once read that all SEALS are experts in handling small boats? He....uh......uh.....didn't attend the class, he taught it. Called the Power Squadron and talked to The Man. Never heard of Phil Connery. He was undercover. Taught the class undercover.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 11-30-10 at 18:09.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Okay it has nothing to do with guns but he said it in a gun shop. This guy was telling me he bought his wife a huge CZ and it was cheaper because it was the "back cut off a diamond".
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    Not in a gun shop but in the same vein, a high school classmate told me he had hired on with the Florida Highway Patrol. I asked him about his shoulder length hair. He told me that they made a special exception for him.
    maybe he is washing their cars as community time ???? and he thinks thats the same as hired hehehehe

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    "they're real nice.. pistons, they are.. way more reliable than the normal kind of AR."

then, about 5 minutes later, and in regard to the same weapons on display,

"well 24 of the 26 had to go back.. some of 'em you couldn't even open the breech on. but this one's good to go, near as i can tell." the "QD" barrel literally fell off the gun when i charged it about 30 seconds later. "guess that makes it 25."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    maybe he is washing their cars as community time ???? and he thinks thats the same as hired hehehehe
    Nah, he claimed to be Trooper. Told me they issued him a "Smithson and Wesson" revolver. Back in the day when they had revolvers. Back in the day of wooden guns and iron men. Something like that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I heard a guy talking about Ruger revolvers and how the barrel had fallen off of his. I was pretty skeptical but didn't say anything. As I was leaving the gunshop I saw him by his open trunk showing another person something. I walked over and he had a Ruger Super Blackhawk, frame in one hand and the barrel in the other. Sho nuff. Barrel fell off. Metal cracked right where the barrel screws into the frame. Son of a bitch!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    I heard a guy talking about Ruger revolvers and how the barrel had fallen off of his. I was pretty skeptical but didn't say anything. As I was leaving the gunshop I saw him by his open trunk showing another person something. I walked over and he had a Ruger Super Blackhawk, frame in one hand and the barrel in the other. Sho nuff. Barrel fell off. Metal cracked right where the barrel screws into the frame. Son of a bitch!
    I've seen an SP101 just break in two in the exact same place.
    I was shooting next to the guy, and his rounds were factory and not very snappy, either. He was shooting it new out of the box.

Every once in awhile, that Ruger investment casting does an Epic Fail. Most of the time it works just fine.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Yesterday - local shop - return of the Judge

"Yea, the Judge is probably the most innovative thing to happen to firearms in a long time; everyone should own one."

SO MUCH POWA!
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    "they're real nice.. pistons, they are.. way more reliable than the normal kind of AR."

then, about 5 minutes later, and in regard to the same weapons on display,

"well 24 of the 26 had to go back.. some of 'em you couldn't even open the breech on. but this one's good to go, near as i can tell." the "QD" barrel literally fell off the gun when i charged it about 30 seconds later. "guess that makes it 25."
    Wow! the ACR?
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Page 99 of 408 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast