Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best light weight 16" Mid-Length 1/7 Barrel?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think you could be happy with a 14.5" M4 profile.

Then you can put a nice scope on the Noveske upper and have a long range SPRish gun.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I would, without hesitation, suggest a BCM upper but they are not available at this time. Therefore I would suggest a Sabre Defence middy instead. I have one and I'm extremely happy with it.

Feedback Score
    John,

Thanks for the heads up. I kinda know Wes, he built my current Noveske-barreled rifle for me. See you in February....

Another John

Feedback Score
    I'm still using a 16" Rock River midlength (SS), which I had turned down under the handguards. I pound it all the time and it works great. No need to spend tons of cash.

Feedback Score
    I love both my Sabre 16" mid and my CMMG 14.5" lightweight mid. If you really want a light one, the 14.5" CMMG light weight mid is great.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 9DivDoc
    I've heard that going 'thin' on stainless barrel is contra-indicated (why I am not sure) other than stainless being softer..compared to CrMoly...hopefully someone will more expertise will jump in and shed some light on light profiled stainless barrels...go or no go?
    Not an expert but it has to do with SS's ability to shed heat and retain strength while heated. For instance, the SPR barrel profile was arrived at because that was as thin as they could go at that length while maintaining some capacity for FA operation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12