Thread: NFA Branch Positive Comment

Feedback Score

NFA Branch Positive Comment

I turned in my travel form for my SBR several weeks ago, when it did not show up 3-4 days before I was to leave for the class on 2/20 I started calling. I found out it was approved on 2/12(As of 2/24 it is still not here). I got no help from a gentleman who answered the phone but he did send me to my examiner ( Jason Frushour). 3 messages to him and no return call. 2 messages to his supervisor (Dawn Henson) and no return call. I waited Friday until the mail came before I hit the road - 5 hour drive - No Joy. I really wanted to take and break in my SBR. I called again in desperation and the lady I spoke with was very helpful, she rembered my calls from a few days earlier. She told me to hold on and gave me to the Section Chief - Gary Schaible. He told me not to worry, asked for a fax number and in 10 minutes I had the form and was on the road to my class. He could not believe I did not have it in hand yet, and apologized profusely for the delay in getting it in the mail.

I guess my message is two fold:

1. Get your forms in way ahead of time if you want to travel.

2. Start calling a week before your departure date. Don't take no for an answer and pray you get the female who answers the phone and not some male (No Help at all and not willing to do anything)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hmmm..

I have Dawn Henson's signature on at least one of my Forms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile

you can get same day fax service if you're really in a bind.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    you can get same day fax service if you're really in a bind.
    I was told that was not an option by the gentleman on the phone until I was able to get pushed up the line.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They've been slammed since last summer (I wonder why? ). Last Fall it took about a week to do 5320s. My most recent submission took just under 2 weeks which is no big deal because I submitted it 3 months before the class I am signed up for.

The NFA Branch has really been great to deal with since they moved to WV.

Glad things worked out for you.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBRIII View Post
    I was told that was not an option by the gentleman on the phone until I was able to get pushed up the line.

Translation - 'I'm too busy and you don't rate'.

Pretty piss poor CS if you ask me. Nice how the section chief sounds incredulous and appologizes for you not receiving the document via mail, but is silent on the run around, unreturned phone calls, and conflicting information dished by his underlings.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo_Zam_Beek View Post

Pretty piss poor CS if you ask me. Nice how the section chief sounds incredulous and appologizes for you not receiving the document via mail, but is silent on the run around, unreturned phone calls, and conflicting information dished by his underlings.

True, but my main concern at that point was to get my travel documents so I could make the drive to get there in time. And he helped me accomplish that. I am sending a letter to document the issues. This was a last minute deal for me as I was hoping to get the form 1 done in time to take it and I did. Had the Form 1arrived earlier the 5320 would've gone out sooner. In the future it will go out months before I need it, if I know that far in advance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo_Zam_Beek View Post

I don't work for the ATF or the Government. But compared to the rest of them, the NFA Branch is head and shoulders above in terms of Customer Service. Heck, I've received better service from the NFA Branch in WV than some of the merchants I have had to deal with!!

I've personally never had any kind of issues or received any attitude from them whenever I call for information or to check on an item's status.

You think that this instance was bad, I just found out that the US Army Reserve Human Resource Command have somehow lost any record they have of my military service. Even though I have at least 12 good years (years that count towards retirement) they have me in the system has having no good years. All that shows for me is: '00 00 00' as in no years, no months, and no days of service. And I'm not alone in this either.

Could the initial poster's situation have been handled better? Of course. Did the first few individuals that he dealt with drop the ball and do a piss poor job? Damn straight!! Did this matter in the end? Not once the correct person was reached and they got the matter resolved to the Customer's Satisfaction. JM2CW.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I