Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Glock +2 extensions

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Opinions on Glock +2 extensions

Looking for some insight... Ive been using factory Glock +2 extensions with Wolf extra power springs on my G17 range mags for some time now and ive never had a single malfunction of any kind. I know the extensions are not reccomended for any cal. other than 9mm but you think they are reliable for carry with 9?

I did some searching but could'nt find much info, anyone had stoppages with them? Info? Opinions?

Thanks guys!

Feedback Score
    I've had the Glock +2 extensions on a G19 for nearly 15 years and have not had a magazine related failure through 65k+ rounds. In my experience, they're 100% reliable.

That being said, I don't use them for carry because of the grip length. The standard mags are simply easier to conceal.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Since capacity on a 9mm glock is anything but an issue, I wouldn't do it. Just for the concealment issue.

Feedback Score
    i've been using them for the last 10 years or so with no issues at all. i use the old style and the newer style with no problems.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I wouldn't alter any existing mags to add the extension.

The factory two round extensions on the G18 magazines have functioned flawlessly in my examples.

Because sometimes you just like having 33 rounds of ammo in a pistol. Though I've noticed they don't conceal very well...go figure.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-24-09 at 08:57.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have used the Glock factory +2 extensions on a G26 for a few years now and had no issues. I have not heard any anecdotal evidence from others about problems with them and heard plenty of praise. They seem to work fine if you have a use or need for them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post

Because sometimes you just like having 33 rounds of ammo in a pistol. Though I've noticed they don't conceal very well...go figure.
    That's why you put three of them in a thigh rig. Along with your open-top, three mag per pouch AR-15 magazine carrier that spills out when you bend over. Not that anyone would ever do any of that.

Feedback Score
    Functional reliability with the Glock factory +2s is not a normal issue, assuming decent magazine springs, etc. What IS an operational problem with them is the tendancy for them to be knocked OFF the holstered weapon on car doors, steering wheels, wall corners, etc. Of course when that occurs, the magazine vomits the ammo, mag spring and follower out for all to see and enjoy. Murphy's Law says that will happen when you really need it and the contents will go down the nearby storm drain! For that reason, they shouldn't be in the gun. If they are used on the range or possibly for a reload, that's another matter to consider.
    Colt's Manufacturing Company Armorer Instructor

Aimpoint USA ProStaff

www.hardwiredtacticalshooting.com

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrowne1 View Post
    That's why you put three of them in a thigh rig. Along with your open-top, three mag per pouch AR-15 magazine carrier that spills out when you bend over. Not that anyone would ever do any of that.
    Certainly no one we've ever run across. Though Baby Huey wasn't using 9mm mags...he had those like six of those 30 round glock mags in .45 which is just silly.

I can see a virtue of maybe having ONE 33 round mag on your thigh rig as a last ditch contingency, but when you start talking about more than one it means giving up rifle mags for the same weight cost.

The best application for it imo is to have one stashed in the car...just in case.

All that said the factory two-round mag extensions work when installed by Glock on factory mags. I wouldn't mess with it otherwise.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Functional reliability with the Glock factory +2s is not a normal issue, assuming decent magazine springs, etc. What IS an operational problem with them is the tendancy for them to be knocked OFF the holstered weapon on car doors, steering wheels, wall corners, etc. Of course when that occurs, the magazine vomits the ammo, mag spring and follower out for all to see and enjoy. Murphy's Law says that will happen when you really need it and the contents will go down the nearby storm drain! For that reason, they shouldn't be in the gun. If they are used on the range or possibly for a reload, that's another matter to consider.
    Good points. Maybe a standard mag in the pistol with +2s on tap for reloads.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast