Thread: Recall: PPK & PPK/S

ToddG Guest

Exclamation Recall: PPK & PPK/S

Smith & Wesson has identified a condition that may exist in certain PPK and PPK/S pistols which may permit a round to be discharged without the trigger being pulled. When the manual safety is disengaged, Smith & Wesson’s Product Engineering Group has determined that the possibility exists in certain firearms that lowering the hammer may cause a chambered round to fire.

This recall applies to all Walther PPK and PPK/S pistols manufactured by Smith & Wesson from March 21, 2002, until February 3, 2009.
    I posted the full details at http://pistol-training.com/archives/1238 ...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When the manual safety is disengaged, Smith & Wesson’s Product Engineering Group has determined that the possibility exists in certain firearms that lowering the hammer may cause a chambered round to fire.
    Well this is concerning as I purchased a blued PPK for my Wife last fall, however I am confused as to what exactly they mean by this. So if I disengage the safety and lower the hammer (by pulling the trigger) the weapon could go off? This seems somewhat intuitive to me, hence the reason for the de-cocker.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the heads up I have a cousin that carries one,I sent this to him

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Well this is concerning as I purchased a blued PPK for my Wife last fall, however I am confused as to what exactly they mean by this. So if I disengage the safety and lower the hammer (by pulling the trigger) the weapon could go off? This seems somewhat intuitive to me, hence the reason for the de-cocker.
    I not sure but I think they mean by using the de-cocker it could set it off
    Last edited by warpigM-4; 02-27-09 at 18:23.