Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Masochistic gun desire...Colt Officer's Lightweight

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I think I have worked out a deal on a lightweight. I will definitely be adding nightsights and thin grips. Will have to see about the trigger.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aful View Post

Personally, I like Colts, duckbill grip safety and razor sharp edges and all. Don't know why. I just do.

I actually prefer a Colt style grip safety with the halfway beavertail over a full aftermarket beaver tail.

I don't need a horn protruding from my gun.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I actually prefer a Colt style grip safety with the halfway beavertail over a full aftermarket beaver tail.

I don't need a horn protruding from my gun.
    I don't disagree at all. This is off-topic a bit, but I bought a Defender about a year ago and I found the duck-bill safety very functional and comfortable. If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have paid good money to have a functional, comfortable part replaced with the Les Baer that I had installed.

Now, aesthetically I don't like the duck-bill. Because the Colt got relegated to a range-toy role after I figured out my full-size M&P40 conceals about as well as the Defender, I'm not kicking myself all that much for swapping out a known-good part with a new, pretty one. But I would rather have spent the cash on ammo or a good pistol class.

Feedback Score
    I had one and got rid of it. Replaced it with a Springfield Lightweight Ultra Compact with an aluminum frame and steel slide. The Springfield rocks. The Colt never would feed reliably and ejects would often stovepipe. It had been worked on by some good people... maybe I had a lemon. I was glad to get rid of it.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I said GOOD stories Cobra! I know all the bad ones, LOL.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I said GOOD stories Cobra! I know all the bad ones, LOL.
    Sorry, your right, you did ask for good stories.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    O.K. Long story short, I got it last Friday. It was a LNIB stainless Officer LW. I have since added a drop-in beav and changed to Mccormick Rosewood grips and an aluminum trigger. Oh, and I put a VZ checkered mainspring housing on it. The only two other things it needs are 1 a trigger job (BAD!) and 2. a night sight.

Last edited by The Dumb Gun Collector; 03-20-09 at 00:13.

Christopher Columbus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12