Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sigma Magazines needed

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    The newer ones are no better.
    This is my 2nd Sigma...the only complaint is the trigger pull, which can be cleaned up marvelously with a polishing tool...

Feedback Score
    Did you have to use yours for your job? If so I can imagine if you did and saw these guns had problems, I wouldn't want to depend on them either.

What kind of problems did the newer guns have that you encountered? Do you think they can be fixed (Ha, and not thrown in the trash and start the gun making and designing process all over again?)

I'd like to know for future refrence, because if these guns aren't worth their salt and they have a major flaw, I won't buy another one. But I'd like to know if they had problems with certain ammo? Or are pieces breaking? And if this is the case, what parts were they?

I got this gun as an extra one for the home and nothing else. I knew going into this deal the gun was a mass produced cheap 9mm, so I figured it would do fine for home defence because I wasn't taking it to the range, and I didn't have to depend on it everyday.

But thanks for your input. Every bit of information helps.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A training venue that sees a lot of them advises students to bring a spare gun if they're planning to shoot a Sigma. Or have an armorer standing by.

Each of several agencies that used them had a multitude of issues, mostly unresolved even with replacement guns. They then had to beg LE firearm dealers for a trade allowance toward something else.

Eventually, S&W was unable to give them away to agencies transitioning or standardizing.

The "Enhanced" wasn't, and the guns I had in my hands failed to fire at an alarming rate. Subsequent samples were little better.

A S&W sales rep was heard saying that the Sigma wasn't suitable for a LE gun, but was fine for the commercial market. (My kingdom for a tape recorder.)

There are examples of those that run. Their use is usually minimal in volume and instensity.

That's what I know first-hand.
    Last edited by ST911; 03-04-09 at 17:30.

Feedback Score
    A training venue that sees a lot of them advises students to bring a spare gun if they're planning to shoot a Sigma. Or have an armorer standing by.

Each of several agencies that used them had a multitude of issues, mostly unresolved even with replacement guns. They then had to beg LE firearm dealers for a trade allowance toward something else.

Eventually, S&W was unable to give them away to agencies transitioning or standardizing.

The "Enhanced" wasn't, and the guns I had in my hands failed to fire at an alarming rate. Subsequent samples were little better.

A S&W sales rep was heard saying that the Sigma wasn't suitable for a LE gun, but was fine for the commercial market. (My kingdom for a tape recorder.)

There are examples of those that run. Their use is usually minimal in volume and instensity.

That's what I know first-hand.
    No wonder a few Shops have these in stock and are having big cost cutting sales on the Sigma. In these days of panic because there may or may not be some large tax put on guns and ammo (I guess we'll see?), where a lot of the big named real good guns are not available, and won't be for some time. There sure seems to be quite a few of the Sigma line available though?

Kinda makes one think. Again, thanks for the information.

I'm just glad I don't have to use mine all of the time.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would beg to differ...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by varoadking View Post
    I would beg to differ...
    Okay. Please, share your experiences so we can all benefit.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    *Shameless plug*

I have (1) 15 round stainless, factory S&W .40 mag, new condition....NO use for it, anyone?

Mace
    "Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Okay. Please, share your experiences so we can all benefit.
    I have ^

I have an Allied Forces model SW9VE and like it as well. Great ergos, and Smith apparently did some magic on the action for me when I sent it back for a broken striker. Accurate as most hanguns, moreso than some.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by varoadking View Post
    I have ^
    Oops, quite right. Still, a sample of one, and a sample of one that broke on you. But okay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12