Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
I currently have on my person or vehicle (most all times) SWAT-T, however with my firearms gear (range, bump in the night) a SOF-TTW. I read through the post, it definitely seems CAT and SOF are the preference. Any thoughts on the SWAT? I have limited training, however do practice with each - I know I need more medical training though and am loking into that. TIA
The SWAT-T is a good TQ if applied correctly and is good for edc but it's far from ideal. It's easy to use for buddy aid but applying it to yourself with one hand can get tricky and often involves teeth. The advantage of the SWAT-T is in it's size and for peds use. If you're putting together a kit to keep in a bag, vehicle, workshop etc. I would choose a CAT or SOFTT-W. For a pocket kit the SWAT-T is preferable to say the TK-4 or RATs in my opinion but that's up to preference. One thing I like about the SWAT T is that it can be used as a pressure dressing which is more than likely what you'll be needing anyway VS a TQ. But if I'm being dispatched to a call and I know what I'll be walking into I'm grabbing the CAT.