Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Tourniquet do you carry?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Which Tourniquet do you carry?

I'm currently using the SOF Tourniquet, with aluminum bar.

Scroll down, it's the first on when you get to the tourniquets.
    http://www.cavalryarms.com/medical/MISC.html

I have ordered Med stuff from Cavalry Arms, great company to deal with and they ship to Iraq!
    Last edited by Dave L.; 03-03-09 at 10:05. Reason: grammerrrr
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am still using the CAT. The SOF is good too, but is a bit more bulky. I carry 4 CATs on me at work. Two are on my kit, and two are in the pockets of my flightsuit.

So, two are above waist, and two below. I do this because blasts tend to mess up gear along with bodies. It would suck to find out your CAT is laying 10 feet away in the pocket of the leg that used to be attached to your body.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Interesting that you posted this, as having a "tourniquet resource" thread was something I wanted to start in the new section. There certainly appear to be a lot of options. Here's a few that I'm aware of that look to be the most common or at least the most marketed towards our purposes. Listed alphabetically.

Cavalry Arms
    $15

Combat Applications Tourniquet (C-A-T)
    $30+/-

Mechanical Advantage Tourniquet (MAT)
    $36+/-

McMillan Tourniquet
    $26

Racheting Medical Touniquet (RMT)
    $30+/-

SOF Tactical Tourniquet (SOF-T)
    $25+/-

SWAT-Tourniquet (SWAT-T)
    $9+/-

Tourni-Kwik-4 and 4L (TK-4 AND TK-4L)
    $6/$12

4L
    Last edited by rob_s; 03-04-09 at 12:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    I am still using the CAT. The SOF is good too, but is a bit more bulky. I carry 4 CATs on me at work. Two are on my kit, and two are in the pockets of my flightsuit.

So, two are above waist, and two below. I do this because blasts tend to mess up gear along with bodies. It would suck to find out your CAT is laying 10 feet away in the pocket of the leg that used to be attached to your body.
    I also have a CAT- you are right about being less bulky. Less secondary frag also...
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Interesting that you posted this, as having a "tourniquet resource" thread was something I wanted to start in the new section. There certainly appear to be a lot of options. Here's a few that I'm aware of that look to be the most common or at least the most marketed towards our purposes. Listed alphabetically.
    Rob,

A bunch of guys out here [in the past] carried a modified ratchet strap as a tourniquet, they will work, but under stress it's easy to over tighten and cause even more tissue damage.

Some still might use them, but they weight about 1lb.

Our medics don't recommend them.

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Anybody have a side by side comparison of the tourniquets?

I am currently carrying the SOF (with tactical black windlass), but it is pretty big. It looks like the CavArms is a relatively more efficient package, but I really have no idea, and I am interested in the CAT if it is a space saver over the SOF and has been effective.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 03-03-09 at 11:09.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    F2S, I have, or will shortly, all of the above on order from one place or another. I was trying my best to find one place that had them all so I could pay shipping one time but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. I want to weigh, measure, etc. each one and get some apples:apples photos of each one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cinch Tight Tourni-Kwik 4 (TK-4 or TK-4L)
    Last edited by Aubrey; 03-03-09 at 12:09.
    Aubrey<><

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey View Post
    Cinch Tight Tourni-Kwik 4 (TK-4 or TK-4L)
    Thanks, forgot about those. Adding to the post above.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Anybody have a side by side comparison of the tourniquets?

I am currently carrying the SOF (with tactical black windlass), but it is pretty big. It looks like the CavArms is a relatively more efficient package, but I really have no idea, and I am interested in the CAT if it is a space saver over the SOF and has been effective.
    I can get you a side by side pic of the CAT & SOF ones later tonight hopefully.
    The twist bar on the CAT is plastic, seems pretty stiff but I'm not sure how much pressure it would take to break.

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast