Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have Any Reservations on Buying Mags Marked "LE"?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I'm not worried about it at all.

If there is any future bans, I doubt that there would be any "Grandfathering", so it wouldn't matter...
    That could be a plus or a negative. It would be hard to 're-instate' the 94 ban, but on the other hand, didn't a lot of LE marked ones have dates in them, which could be a bonus later.

Just shoot em.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    That could be a plus or a negative. It would be hard to 're-instate' the 94 ban, but on the other hand, didn't a lot of LE marked ones have dates in them, which could be a bonus later.

Just shoot em.

I don't believe they can "re-instate" or a dead piece of legislation per se. I have to wonder about the Constitutionality of not grandfathering old LE Only magazines - that would amount to confiscation as opposed to regulation. It would not be difficult for them to mark magazines with a new date to identify new LE Only magazines.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a bunch of LEO marked mags that I will use as long as I can. But, I've made certain I have 5 non-leo marked mags just in case. They are put away just in case we get another ban.
    Scouts Out

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ironically I saw this very thing happen. A TSA twat gave one of the guys from my unit (Army) going on leave a hard time for having "for LE only" mags while going through airport security (he was checking a handgun, and the mags). He insisted they were illegal until he called a cop over and the cop said "uh....he's fine".

Anywhoo, I wouldn't let it bother you, it doesn't bother me

Feedback Score
    I dont worry about it.

LE here is so ignorant about gun laws anyway, I figure if its an issue im getting slung anyway so...
    Last edited by Saginaw79; 03-08-09 at 17:30.
    Second Amendment Absolutist!

"Speed costs money, How fast do you want to go?"
    -seen on a speed shop in Michigan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't think it would matter - one of my guns even says restricted for military / law enforcement use only - and I'll be damned if they try to take it because of said marking.

Feedback Score
    "LE ONLY" markings are a non-issue, IMHO. Now, if it somehow becomes regulated under NFA rules, then they get lost in a boating accident!
    I treat everyone with respect. I stack them in my trunk neatly.

Keeping the "oath" since 1980.

Okay. Now we do it my way.

Feedback Score
    I have quite a few magazines with LE markings on them. My Colt LE 6920's have them too. Never gave it a any real thought.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for all the feedback, guys. My concern has been:

1. New "AWB/Magazine" ban comes along.

2. All "LE" marked mags are now verboten, again - forget grandfathering.

3. Maybe new "LE" marked mags are distinguished from old mags, maybe not.

4. Opportunistic LE/Fed agent, smelling "easy activity" confiscates or arrests at the discovery of "LE" marked mags by a non LEO.

Ultimately, it's speculative at this point. Thanks for the thoughts. Guess I'll need to decide for myself.

Best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12