Thread: Help with Geissele SSA install

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Help with Geissele SSA install

Well this is my first take at doing any kind of AR "smithing". I received the Geissele SSA trigger that I ordered from Brownells last week.

The trigger kit came with the hammer, trigger, a silver (slave?) pin, and a tube of red grease.

Each part is put together with a long black pin that obviously won't fit in the lower receiver as-in. Do I knock that black pin out with the included silver pin? After that, do I slip it in the lower and ultimately knocking the silver/slave pin out with the normal trigger and hammer pins that I will be using?

I hope I made any kind of sense.

Feedback Score
    The other site has a guide for this. Just make sure you get the hammer spring right (in terms of where it rests).

Once you get a picture, the installation goes easily.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Picture reference. The long black pin already installed right out of the ziplock bag with the silver pin on the table.

Feedback Score
    I have a DMR trigger from them. Your trigger looks easier to instal. I assume you recieved 3 pins. One each for hammer and spring. The other metalic colored one is I guess the slave pin. If all else fails call them. Bill spent 30 mins on the phone with me trying to help me fix my triger after a bafoon of a gunsmith buggered it up. Do you have the directions? Mine came with detailed directions. The hammer and trigger pins that come with the trigger are slightly over sized. This is intentional. They will have a very tight fit and will never walk. The fine polished surface of the pins offer very low friction to help create that famous smooth trigger pull you just paid for. I am not actually certain what the metalic pin is. My kit came with a small punch but cost more. I can see how that pin would serve the same purpose but so would your old pins. Make sure you lube the hell out of your new pins before u tap them in. My trigger came with two types of oil but ofcourse mine is a match trigger.
    Last edited by zydeco76; 03-03-09 at 20:23.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco76 View Post
    I have a DMR trigger from them. Your trigger looks easier to instal. I assume you recieved 3 pins. One each for hammer and spring. The other metalic colored one is I guess the slave pin. If all else fails call them. Bill spent 30 mins on the phone with me trying to help me fix my triger after a bafoon of a gunsmith buggered it up. Do you have the directions? Mine came with detailed directions.
    The kit did come with instructions but they seem really generic and not specific enough for me. I'm a visual learner.
    The pins that come with the kit are already installed if you will. I guess I have to knock those out with the slave pin. Right?

Feedback Score
    yes. hey I will walk you through this rightnow if you like. You up for it?

Feedback Score
    I am googleing the directions rightnow

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zydeco76 View Post
    yes. hey I will walk you through this rightnow if you like. You up for it?
    Not yet.. I need to get my new pins in. I'm just going through the process right now so when it's time I can knock it out pretty quickly.

Thanks for the help.

Feedback Score
    I thought your new ones were already in. Basically you will set the spring exactly as the picture in the instructions show. Use the "slave pin" to line everything up on the trigger and install it with the slave pin. The tap the the new one in knocking out the slave pin. Make sure you lube the pins! Then you will do the same thing with the hammer. MAKE SURE YOU SET THE SPRING JUST LIKE THE PICTURE.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The SSA instructions didn't have any pictures but luckily my current trigger is still installed so I got a good look at the springs.

Thanks again for your help. You confirmed my educated guess in installing them. Now I have to continue to wait for the KNS pins I ordered.