Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR Pistol Question

Feedback Score
    On TOS there are a couple topics that quickly bring out multi-post bitching like this one. The posts above are correct in that if it has never been a rifle then you can make it into a pistol. The points of discussion/debate revolve around: can you "prove" it has never been a rifle (especially if you are not it's first owner). Then the next item of debate is what abou if it was manuf. as a rifle and then transfreed to you as a rifle and you now decide that it is a "pistol". Is that cool? (this is probably less of an issue now that "stripped receiver" is a choice on the transfer)
    Here is my $0.02 for iron no issues (well as less problems as it gets with the BTAFE). Find a receiver that was manuf as a "Pistol", most of them are etched/engraved/marked as such, and then get it transfered to you as a pistol (now that is stripped receiver).
    I don't know if you have gotten this far into this thought process on this purchase, but the next "major issue of discussion/debate" is what do you use as a buffer tube assemble? Some use a standard CAR receiver extention and cover it with paracord to make it " not be able to accept a stock". Do what you want, but I would recomend going with a pistol receiver extention (ACE or Spikes) that has a larger than standard diameter and can not accept a standard stock.
    Then using a railed forarm on a weapon that "can not be able to accept a foward grip".....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Longhunter,

I found the same info as you. Rather than play with BATFE fire, I ordered a Spikes Pistol Lower today (marked Multi-cal "Pistol").
    It was only $179.00.
    I also ordered the ACE pistol kit for $55, I have the rest of the stuff minus the barreled upper.

I don't want it to be even a question. I have seen guys many times take unregistered SBRs to public ranges; I've never witnessed any of them get questioned on the spot by an LEO, but I don't want to be the first.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Longhunter,

I found the same info as you. Rather than play with BATFE fire, I ordered a Spikes Pistol Lower today (marked Multi-cal "Pistol").
    It was only $179.00.
    I also ordered the ACE pistol kit for $55, I have the rest of the stuff minus the barreled upper.

I don't want it to be even a question. I have seen guys many times take unregistered SBRs to public ranges; I've never witnessed any of them get questioned on the spot by an LEO, but I don't want to be the first.
    Agreed. I am running a Anvil Arms Multi marked Pistol lower with Spikes buffer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12