Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: introductions and Member Info

Feedback Score
    Army medic(NREMT-B), soon to be paramedic student; hopefully take a few TacMed classes too, then be looking for a contracting job.

'06-'07: 2/9 INF (M) Camp Casey Korea
    '07-Present: FT Bragg ER
    {'08-'09: TDY>10th CSH EMT, Iraq

Feedback Score
    Coast Guard since '98
    Helicopter Rescue Swimmer(class 17-01 "One of Two") and EMT-B since '01

I really HATE the medical side, but it's damn useful
    Last edited by Beerswimmer; 12-26-09 at 20:22.

Feedback Score
    I don't know if it counts but:

Royal Life Saving Society: Bronze Medallion and Bar, Bronze Cross and Bar, Award of Merit & Teacher's Certificate. Bronze Medallion is the qualification needed by Life Guards here in the UK. All the others come after that including the Teachers Certificate which qualifies me to teach Life Guards in water skills, BLS and First Aid.

Army 11 years: Basic Combat Medic and yearly BLS updates and testing.

Police 5 years: First Aid, Heartstart and BLS.

St Johns Ambulance: Outdoor First Aid course every two years just to stay current.

Hospital experience: I did a year of a nursing degree and learned about drips, injections, sutures and some diagnostic skills.

I am moving to the USA in the near future and have already checked out the local community college for an EMT-B course so that I can complete a current US recognised qualification.

I would love to do a TCCC course in the future, I was offered one by Paramedic who is also former SF but with the move to the US its not possible - so, if anyone can help out sometime I'd be appreciative.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

A little about me

Hello,

BSN RN currently working in a Level 2 ER. BLS, ACLS, and PALS certified. Been in this position for 2.5 years.

Spent 5 years working the same ER as a ER tech while going through nursing school.

Previously certified EMT-B (never rode a rig, went straight to the ER as a tech), and WFR. Both certifications have long since expired.

I feel that I still have a lot to learn and am looking to move into an ICU/CCU position sometime in the near future. Looking forward to doing some of my learning here.

1700shadow

Feedback Score
    Volenteer fire since 2006 & EMT since 2008 in a very rural part of Washington State. Lots of Trauma and 45+ min transprot to the nearest hospital on a good day.

Feedback Score

My Intro..

1991-94- US Navy (AME) worked on leaky A-6 Intruders and loved it...left to learn how to work on people....

94-2005- Started as EMT-Basic for one year then on to Paramedic. Worked ground and air for 10 years,, fixed wing (421) and Helicopter in an AS-350. Loved the air...no retirement in the private sector though...

2005 to present- Work for a state agency..on a Tactical Team for the last three years. I keep my Paramedic current. Recently attended my first Tactical Medic course. Great course, but nothing to compare it to yet. I function as an Operator on my team and now as the official Tactical Medic.

This is my first post here...hope to learn where I can and be an ASSet the rest of the time.

GW
    Last edited by CA_TacMedic; 02-17-10 at 18:58.

Feedback Score
    PA EMT-B 20 yrs.
    RN BSN CCRN 4 yrs currently staff RN at level one trauma center in SICU.

I am currently working toward PA PHRN status. I'm too tall (6-3) and too heavy (200) for our flight program, so I get my field time with local fire/EMS. I also work part-time as an LEO for PA Game/Fish.

I look forward to learning and sharing knowledge on this forum .

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Hi all. Army from 1988-94. FF/Paramedic from 1994 to now. Teach ADLS, Hazmat, etc. I think I've held almost every cert in EMS in IL except for CCEMT-P, but let most lapse over time because a. they're hard to keep up with all the requirements, b. they cost a lot of money, and c. most are fluff once you become experienced and knowledgable. The important ones are my Paramedic, CPR instructor, EMS lead instructor, and ADLS instructor. And since I left the FD last year, I spend most of my time teaching the next generation.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    army medic,EMT-P,EMT-T

Feedback Score
    Hi, I'm Doug

Vol ambulance/FF 1975-1978
    Navy 1980-2000 Aviation Electronics
    Combat Lifesaver course when I was in the Navy (1994)
    Vol FF/EMT-B 2001-2005
    Private ambulance (EMT-B) 2004
    Medical Assistant 2004
    Worked in ER 2005
    Surgical Technician 2005- present.
    currently taking a online Chinese Herbology course.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast