Thread: Purchasing a Stainless YHM Phantom 7.62

Feedback Score

Purchasing a Stainless YHM Phantom 7.62

I know there probably is a lot of debate between suppressors but would I be making a mistake on purchasing a YHM? My local dealer had some numbers to start the paperwork for a .308 suppressor so I went ahead and started the process. I plan on getting a .308 rifle in the future so I figure I would get the .308 over the 5.56 (plus he didn't have any 5.56 cans). I also planned on using it on my AK's but I was told sound suppression would be poor and I would really have to watch the alignment.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The YHM is heavier, and not as quiet, as some other choices.

It is a little cheaper though. I have the non-stainless one, and it works well enough for my purposes, but if I had to do it again, I would look at AAC's offerings more closely.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I will agree that YHM cans are heavier, but I can tell you that they are just as quiet as AAC m4-2000 and Gemtech cans. I really like the AAC stuff, but I don't think that the price difference is worth it. AAC has recently changed the way the sell thier rifle cans. They don't sell them with the FH/mounts anymore, and they went up atleast fifty dollars on every can. You will also have to spend another $100 for the mount.

I will admit that the QD mounts YHM uses are ugly, but I usually have the can mounted. You also dont have to worry about baffle strikes on a YHM can, since it is nearly impossible. Now you can use the 7.62 can on a 5.56 if you have on of the YHM mounts. It wont be as quiet, but that should be understood.

Matt