Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pmags for export

Feedback Score

Pmags for export

A soldier from Denmark that posts on another board is looking for mags to take with him to Afghanistan - I recommended PMAG's, but no one will sell/ship to him since he's in Europe.

Anyone have any ideas? I recommended that he email Magpul...

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ITAR control forbid the shipping of mags outside CONUS -- so his options would be to have his unit apply for an export permit for them via a vendor that will do exports. The other option would be to find if he is located near a US unit and has access to the APO - then find someone who will mail to an APO.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Kevin is correct. Best thing is ship it to an APO once he gets there.

I put 15 Pmags and two paperback books in a box and shipped it to my APO. On the customs form I wrote "books and magazines" and had no problems.

I have never had any problems, and never heard of anyone else having legal problems. If they do find it, they just sent it back to the sender.

Feedback Score
    Thanks, guys...I'll forward this to the soldier in question. I appreciate the quick response!

Feedback Score
    Germany is your best friend. PMAGS are imported in Europe. You just have to find the right shop. PM me for details.

Feedback Score
    Big thumbs up to Impact! Thanks again!

Feedback Score
    If it's illegal to export, generally it's illegal to send to an APO since that's considered export, too. For example, I can't legally ship body armor / plates to an APO because of these restrictions...restrictions that have cost me more than several sales.
    TimW
    Phoenix

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimW View Post
    If it's illegal to export, generally it's illegal to send to an APO since that's considered export, too. For example, I can't legally ship body armor / plates to an APO because of these restrictions...restrictions that have cost me more than several sales.
    You should have used Iraq Ninjas technique. But some cereal bowls in with the plates and list the contents as plates and bowls!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    You should have used Iraq Ninjas technique. But some cereal bowls in with the plates and list the contents as plates and bowls!
    LOL. That's some funny stuff.
    TimW
    Phoenix

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    That is rather strange as I know many of guys who had extra/ better kit sent to them here in country via the APO. I think there is some confusion in the ITAR wording. I just recently had to go through this BS with weapons parts and accesories. When I contacted the various agencies DDTC, BIS, etc...I got a Fred Astaire tap dance.

Quote Originally Posted by TimW View Post

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast