Thread: Show off your Plate Carriers and pouch setup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Talking Show off your Plate Carriers and pouch setup

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to setup my plate carrier so if you don't mind posting the way yours are setup that would be great. I know it is all up to me in the end and its a personal choice but it helps to see how others set theirs up so that I can try them out.

Right now I run a Eagle LE PC w/o cummberbun with:

3 Eagle FB M4 pouches in the center
    A double Eagle FB G22 pouch on the far left side
    A med Kit pouch on the far right side.

I like this setup but I am not sure if it is the best way for me. I know some people run the medkit on the back of the carrier to free up real estate on the front but I "think" I would like to be able to access it myself, until someone gives me a better reason for it being in the back.

So any pics you can post of your plate carrier setups would be great. This will go in my patrol car a few months down the road and I want to have all the options of setup that I can.

Thanks a lot,
    -B
    Its not the arrow, its the Indian...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You have the right idea. As long as you are not running any comms on the vest, you it is a good idea to have your IFAK up front.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Paraclete/MSA HPC w/o cumerbund. Pouches are (L-R):

HSGI Bleeder pouch
    Eagle 40mm pouch (inside is an ALS pocket smoke)
    Eagle M4 pouch (shotshell tray inside)
    Eagle M4 pouch (shotshell tray inside)

I prefer to keep the back of my carrier slick for several reasons. 1) I dont want gear on the rear to hang up on objects that I might be moving past. 2) I want to be able to sit in a patrol car and drive with the carrier.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Bpurcg19, any pictures of your setup? I was actually looking at that today and would like to see the front and rear of it loaded up..

Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Heres my setup right now. I like it even though the "2x4" sticks out some. In the prone it is not as bad as I thought though so thats a plus.

As you can see in the pics, I also have another single FB M4 and a double FB G22 that will allow me to go a different direction if I choose. I am also looking to acquire a few more "1x2"' FB's if I can find any.
    Its not the arrow, its the Indian...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Is that an XL carrier? Also, dont those 2x4/1x2s interfer with the pistol mags on your belt?