Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig sas GenII 9mm

Feedback Score

Sig sas GenII 9mm

Does anyone know of a dealer who has a Sig sas GenII 9mm in stock?
    I have been looking for one for weeks and cant find one.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Bud's had the black and bitone models in stock at least a few days ago...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/55799

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/55803
    Last edited by Palmguy; 03-09-09 at 19:46.

Feedback Score
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I had the chance to handle a Gen 2 229 SAS a couple months ago. Very nice pistol with smooth edges. I have not shot this pistol but I've heard good things about the SRT trigger system.

There is also a slightly smaller Gen 2 239 SAS available in 9mm. Less magazine capacity but you didn't specify.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-saue...da-sa-srt.html

Feedback Score
    I really hope SIG does a SAS Gen II style 226
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    I really hope SIG does a SAS Gen II style 226
    I would like that as well, but the SAS treatment has been reserved for the 229 and 239 pistols so far. Here is a 229 SAS and a recent 226 with SRT, but these have a thinner trigger and longer travel on the double action. It reminds me a bit of the AST on the Walther.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

ToddG Guest
    I'd recommend you take a very serious look at a standard model if you really are set on getting a SIG. The SAS thing, except for looking neat, serves zero purpose. None of the agencies I dealt with during my time at SIG ever needed or wanted the "SAS" treatment on their plainclothes/UC guns. Why? Because the guns don't snag to begin with. The SAS didn't come out of user demand, it was something the marketing department dreamed up. You're paying a premium for a feature that doesn't actually do anything.

If you want it because you want it, more power to you. Just don't fall into the trap of thinking it makes the gun more functional on some level.

The SRT, on the other hand, is a must-have in a SIG pistol. Heard a rumor that SIG was going to start using it as standard in all their DA/SA guns, at least the LE models ...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I'd recommend you take a very serious look at a standard model if you really are set on getting a SIG. The SAS thing, except for looking neat, serves zero purpose. None of the agencies I dealt with during my time at SIG ever needed or wanted the "SAS" treatment on their plainclothes/UC guns. Why? Because the guns don't snag to begin with. The SAS didn't come out of user demand, it was something the marketing department dreamed up. You're paying a premium for a feature that doesn't actually do anything.

If you want it because you want it, more power to you. Just don't fall into the trap of thinking it makes the gun more functional on some level.

The SRT, on the other hand, is a must-have in a SIG pistol. Heard a rumor that SIG was going to start using it as standard in all their DA/SA guns, at least the LE models ...
    In the Sig 229 line, the SAS Gen 2 was the only model that offerred the SRT without the beaver tail. So for me, it was worth it.

I still don't understand why they don't just make the SRT standard.
    There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post

I actualy dont like the sas treatment , but I want a P239 with nights and the srt trigger. My only other option would be the p239 tactical.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by losbronces View Post
    In the Sig 229 line, the SAS Gen 2 was the only model that offerred the SRT without the beaver tail. So for me, it was worth it.
    Can't argue with that. The beavertail on SIGs is a piss poor design. The SRT is outstanding.

I still don't understand why they don't just make the SRT standard.
    We'll see what 2009 holds.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast