Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sig sas GenII 9mm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    I wish SIG would sell a rail-less 226 with SRT

I saw some new stamped, imported 228 models at my local dealer. Cool right? Too bad they ruined the damn gun with those stupid rails. LAME!!!
    These were US M11 overruns (some even have M11 markings that Sig tried to cover up). Rumor has it that this is the end of the 228 and the folded steel slides and that there won't be anymore after this batch. I'm sorely tempted and I hate the rails. I have 2 P228s though and they are awesome 9's IMO.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    why no love for rails on SIG pistols?
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    why no love for rails on SIG pistols?
    My main reason is that I have no use for a rail on a handgun. Mounting a light on one may provide illumination but using that light makes you a better target. I prefer a flashlight that I can hold away from myself whenever the need arises.

Rails make holsters a little more difficult to come by though the holster makers have been gearing up since Sig started making all of their handguns "tacticool".

Finally, I prefer the sleek classic lines of the older style "railless" Sigs.

Essentially, it's just a matter of personal preference. There's nothing wrong with rails. I just don't care for them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123