Thread: Geisselle trigger problems in my RRA 9mm

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Geisselle trigger problems in my RRA 9mm

I get some malfunctions with my Geissle trigger where it follows the bolt forward from time to time. This happens more with hot ammo than with light stuff. I just adjusted the pull weight to make it heavier and put more sear engagement on it. My theory is the bolt is coming back so hard that it causes the trigger to jump the disconnector. Not sure if I am way off or not. Anyone have any ideas.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Maybe pretend it's software--uninstall and reinstall and adjust it like you were starting from new. Key quote from the instructions: "It is important to recognize that sear adjustment of the Geissele trigger is not a game in trying to adjust in as little sear engagement as possible. Insufficient sear engagement is the biggest cause of inconsistent trigger operation, pull through of the 2nd stage and wear of the sear ledges." So if you're putting in more sear engagement and still getting hammer follow, could be, the system needs a reboot.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    Anyone have any ideas.
    After talking to Mr. Geissele extensively at SHOT Show this year, I get the impression that he and/or his folks will be happy to help when you give them a call.

610-272-2060
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    After talking to Mr. Geissele extensively at SHOT Show this year, I get the impression that he and/or his folks will be happy to help when you give them a call.

610-272-2060
    Got it running. I put more sear engagement on it today and not one malfunciton in 100 rounds. Thanks for the help.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.