Went to S&W today to meet with the director of the training academy to discuss future courses and such, and get some training time with him (as he's a great instructor) and get instruction for the GF. She just got her LTC. We got her a MnP compact .40. He gave her a good 3 hour lesson, and she's a naturally good shot (most women are...) and now she's GTG with her LTC and MnP. She plans to take some courses and do some IDPA with me, so no "drop it in the purse and forget about it" BS for her...

I got her the MnP for a late B Day present. Aint that romantic?!

Anyway, my eye sees a gun from the Custom Shop. All hand built by one smith to each gun. # 79 of a series. Retail was 2.5k. As an adjunct trainer to S&W, I get a discount, and the discount was too good to pass up, so I purchased it. We went to the S&W closed ranges. Egads this thing shoots well, and I own several custom 1911s... and accurate??!! I cut this card at 21ft/7 yards.

Like a lot of people, I really don't have the $$$ to be throwing around right now, but the damn discount was just too good. Wish I had never asked.