Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: 5.7x28 fanboys are irritating

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I don't think that one can take a 27gr dpx copy, drive it ~700 fps slower than a 62gr 5.56 equivalent, and have any reasonable expectation that the results will be similar.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm merely answering your questions, I'm not making any comparisons to 5.56. The 27gr 5.7 round is not a anything related to or a copy of any DPX bullet.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Re: 5.7x28 fanboys are irritating

Quote Originally Posted by slvrwrx View Post
    I'm merely answering your questions, I'm not making any comparisons to 5.56. The 27gr 5.7 round is not a anything related to or a copy of any DPX bullet.
    And what I say is that the cartridge, regardless of bullet type used, is sub optimal even for hog hunting or deer hunting. It is of limited utility for killing anything exceeding the size of a dog or raccoon with any degree of hunter ethic unless a head shot is taken.

This places it squarely in .22lr territory with regard to terminal performance, especially considering the recently improved cci loadings that offer increased velocity.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Re: 5.7x28 fanboys are irritating

At best, the 5.7 has displayed upper end 9mm HP performance. It makes no sense to discuss it's performance in any other performance strata.

That is akin to involving the 5.56 in an elk hunting discussion. The 5.56 would be out of it's lane.

"That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728