Thread: Interesting 'Interstate'...

Feedback Score

Interesting 'Interstate'...

I'm looking for any information out there on upgrades (folding stocks/pistol grips, etc.) for a Interstate brand 12-ga. pump, Model 982. The company's web site says it is - and I quote - -"...patterned after America's favorite 12GA pump...", (clarifying the 870). Yet, in talking to a CS ("B.S.?") rep there, he tells me "...nothing aftermarket will fit; all the threads are metric..."

At a $199 price-point, 18 1/2" bbl., and ghost ring sights and poly furniture stock, it seems like a deal, but I'd hoped to do, ah, more, with it...
    "Strength and Honor."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    I'm looking for any information out there on upgrades (folding stocks/pistol grips, etc.) for a Interstate brand 12-ga. pump, Model 982. The company's web site says it is - and I quote - -"...patterned after America's favorite 12GA pump...", (clarifying the 870).
    Interstate is probably just the latest importer; the gun is a Norinco Model 982, which has been imported by a number of different companies in different forms over the years.

Feedback Score
    Check this thread for more info:

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=23940

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    From what I've heard, most/all aftermarket parts will fit with the exception of barrels, which can still be rigged somehow.

I have a SF 870 forend on it's way that should fit, I'll post results in that other thread.
    The Revolution will not be televised.