Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comptac MTAC + M&P no safety

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    long as it's in a holster you're good to go.
    i don't even leave my glocks in the safe without a holster. i like know that when i draw, it is ready.
    pocket carry or those silly clipdraw things.. i wouldn't do with a trigger safety gun. you definitely need something to prevent foreign objects from getting into the trigger guard.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    i carry a G19 or G17 in a C-TAC almost every day.....I too do not see any reason to carry on an empty chamber

practice, practice, practice....

I won't use a carry rig without doing extensive holster draws out of it....both with dry fire and with live fire....people who carry a gun without first extensively shooting it from the way they will carry it absolutely flabberghast me....
    VA Arms Co alumnus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Only time I carry without a round in the chamber is if the weapon is not in a holster.

Such as if I've been open carrying, need to CCW but don't have a proper holster - I will clear the weapon, then go condition 3, and carry "Mexican"style.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For those that carry condition 2, do you have access to Simunitions? Do a little role playing with them.. You'll see what works and what doesn't. As I stated, action is faster than reaction regardless of what condition you have your gun in.
    Just play out different scenarios drawing from the holster to engaging to threat.

I agree, having a gun unloaded or loaded is better than nothing. I pray to God you're not faced with a threat that just plain doesn't give a shit even if he's staring down a barrel of a gun. Remember, BG's practice as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12