Thread: M&P Compacts

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

M&P Compacts

Thinking about an M&P 45C...

These seem to suffer less of the droopy dustcover appearance that plagues the full size models, and I like the fact they do not have an extension at the rear of the frame.

Question - they are not on S&W's website yet, and I wondered - do they also have multiple backstrap options?

TIA
    Last edited by varoadking; 03-20-09 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    they have multiple backstrap options. i picked one up today however and was not quite as fond of the compact as the full size. i thought the compact actually felt a little small in my hands, i like the feeling personally of a full size handgun vs a compact. for me the grip didnt feel long enough.

Feedback Score
    I have the full sized M&P45. I love the weapon, but....if I had to do it again, I'd get the midsized one. Commander-ish in size and the 10 round cap of the full sized one.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    I have both the M&P 45fs and the M&P 45c. I like them both and shoot both of them equally well, or equally badly depending on perspective. I prefer using the pinky extension base plates on the 45c. (Pictures below) The 45c would likely be my EDC if Crimson Trace had a model that fit it. The S&W 2009 catalog is probably the best source for information on these models downloadable from here - http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...ectionId=10504.

Some comparison pictures I took...

Howard
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense
    If it is to be it is up to me

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Where did you get the pinky extension for the 45C?

TIA

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry - double post...
    Last edited by varoadking; 03-21-09 at 07:42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by varoadking View Post
    Where did you get the pinky extension for the 45C?

TIA
    Two things came together at the same time. I heard that the rebate magazines were promoted to have the pinky extensions at the same time I was calling in to get the correct backstraps. I asked about these extensions for the magazines I already owned and they through them in for free. Love S&W customer service.
    Howard
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense
    If it is to be it is up to me