Thread: Kiser Munitions Multi Mount

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Kiser Munitions Multi Mount

Does anyone have any experience with the Kiser Munitions Multi Mount for the Aimpoint M4 and 3X magnifier? I have a M4 and have been wanting a 3X magnifier, I just don't know what mount to get. Does the Kiser mount work well for those who have used it, or would a Larue mount work better? It will be going on a 16 inch patrol carbine. Thanks for your help.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the Kiser Munitions Multi Mount for the Aimpoint M4 and 3X magnifier? I have a M4 and have been wanting a 3X magnifier, I just don't know what mount to get. Does the Kiser mount work well for those who have used it, or would a Larue mount work better? It will be going on a 16 inch patrol carbine. Thanks for your help.
    IMO, go with the LaRue mount. I don't really see the advantage of the Kiser system. If you don't want the 3X you have to remove it, with the LaRue you can just flip it off to the side.
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have no experience with the Kiser mount, but it just makes no goddamn sense. He posted about it on lightfighter and got roasted, and then I talked to some folks that knew the back story on where he came up with his "criteria" for the design and he's way off base.

What he's effectively done is made the magnifier a permanent mount behind the M4. That thumbscew is a mess, and is no way in hell a QD solution. If it's tightened down enough that the thing won't fall off, you're never going to remove it with thumb strength, and if it's loose enough for thumb removal it'll never stay on the gun.

What he's basically done is turn the Aimpoint M4 into a bigger, heavier, more expensive ACOG.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies. I have no experience with a 3X mag, and just wanted to look at some of the options. So would everyone recommend a Larue pivot mount instead?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I have no experience with a 3X mag, and just wanted to look at some of the options. So would everyone recommend a Larue pivot mount instead?
    Yes, its a much better choice. It will flip the 3x out of the way for just CQ, and its solid, just like all the rest of LaRue's stuff. Plus if the 3x will not be needed, flip the lever and remove it.

I have never put my hands on the Kiser thingie, but just like Rob said... it makes no sense at all, and I can't see anything good about the theory of the design.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ